is there a need to reinstall using untouched iso for those who installed touched iso?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ryan80, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    I have already installed WZOR touched iso version. Although i have also downloaded the untouched iso. Is there really a need to reinstall again using the untouched iso?

2. sonyman

sonyman MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    You just posted in the other thread that compared the hashes. The numbers don't lie. The hashes are the same for every file that the two releases share, most importantly, install.wim. So what do you think?

3. ubn123

ubn123 MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    so why size different?

yes you have to reinstall

4. sonyman

sonyman MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    You're an idiot. You obviously don't understand the concept of hashing, so let me break it down for you. Hashing is a method of semi-uniquely identifying a file as genuine and unmodified. For all intents and purposes, MD5 and CRC hashes are unique. The earlier leaked releases are lacking two files that limit the installation to only the Ultimate Edition, and also have one extra file, MediaMeta.xml that is most likely residual from the download method that the original leaker used in order to obtain the software. No other files have changed, and therefore, are untouched. There is no reason to reinstall unless you gain some sort of pleasure from doing so.

5. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    btw just curious do the file dates also determine or change the hashes? because i noticed that the file dates are different in both versions.

6. sonyman

sonyman MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    No, they do not. Don't worry about the dates. If the hash is the same, the files are the same.

7. Metalmayhem

Metalmayhem MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2009
    thank you sonyman was wondering the same thing...i'll stay with the wzor release:)

8. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    yeah . i was almost very tempted to reinstall everything using the untouched iso. i will save the hassle then.
    thanks.

9. ubn123

ubn123 MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    wzor release lack 2 important files

10. sonyman

sonyman MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Care to elaborate? There is nothing wrong with the WZor release.

11. ubn123

ubn123 MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    missing important files

its simple. which is better: buy brand new item or OPEN BOX??? of course you want non-open box.
    It is possible that wzor put virus in windows :eek:

12. sonyman

sonyman MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    I'm sorry, do you speak English? I didn't say to rephrase, I asked if you could elaborate. What files are missing, and why are they important. There isn't any virus in the WZor release, which is identical to the release initially put-out by the Chinese leaker.

13. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    #13 ryan80, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    (OP)
    why would WZOR want to put virus into their iso. anyway i am already using WZOR's release and i have installed nod32 antivirus. did full scan and no virus or whatever detected. somebody has already done a hash by hash check on both the isos and proven that the contents in both isos are the same.

anyway its understandable that some people do prefer using or installing something which is original and untouched. for example , the same goes for choosing your wife/ girlfriend. some people do mind that their girlfriend or wife is a virgin, and there are some who don't.

14. ubn123

ubn123 MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    #14 ubn123, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    you noob

you dont know difference between touched and untouched

its like virgin and whore

15. izh34

izh34 MDL Member

Mar 12, 2009
    quit the argument guys. It's up to you to choose touched or untouched windows 7. As long as both is in good condition and genuine, I'll take either of it.

16. Badge2378

Badge2378 MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2009
    I don't usually waste my time responding to idiots, but I'll make an exception in your case. If you took the time to read the thread you posted this crap in you would know that the files that are missing are used by the install to control which version the DVD will install. The extra file does not contain any executable code and therefore is not a virus.

If it is true that all the other files hash out to be the same, then there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in the final install. (Unless you installed something other than Ultimate, in which case you've done something you can't do with the untouched DVD without first "touching" it)

In short, thanks WZOR for the super early copy of win7!

17. sonyman

sonyman MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks for the late-night laugh. :cool: You still haven't explained your previous post.

18. mythamp

mythamp MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    Megan Fox!

Yah, if it was Megan Fox, I dont mind either version. :)

19. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    C'mon don't start a fight guys, from what I know WZOR ISO has no "ei.cfg" so you could choose the SKU, but it has a file "mediadata.xml", I don't know what's the use, probably not important, maybe it's some song you sing before playing the Russian Roulette LOL.:D

20. stimey

stimey MDL Member

Apr 21, 2008
    The install.wim files in both touched and untouched leaks have the same checksums. You can check this with hashtab, enable all the checksums if you dont trust SHA1 or MD5 and compare.

The reason some of us want an untouched ISO is more emotional than rational. Both editions are fine to install as they contain the same files. It is just nice to know the ISO is untouched and genuine MS. Debates about it are as useful as debating your favourite colour or food.

To answer the question of OP; no.