is there a software that force my computer to disconnect from the internet?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by menash, Feb 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. menash

menash MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2011
    sometime i spent a lot of time on my computer, and i think that something that can do this job, will be great :)
    it's like a forced diet.
    thank you!

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Pull the network cable? Disable network card? Have willpower?

sebus

3. menash

menash MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2011
    all is right, but i want something that maybe i will have a difficulty to control.
    i heard sometime ago there is a software like that the disconnect you from the internet and after a while connect again.

thanks anyway :)

4. tomah

tomah MDL Senior Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Although not exactly what you are requesting, assuming that you are using high-speed, cut your service and signup for a dial-up account. I'm not sure about you but that would keep me off the internet. If that still doesn't do it, have somebody pickup the phone every now and again. :biggrin:

5. bk-ks

bk-ks MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2012
    Do you want to disconnect from Internet or shutdown your computer ? What will prevent you from working on your computer even when internet gets disconnected ? What type of Internet connection do you have ? If it is connected to a router then use a scheduler/task or macro to open the router settings and disconnect. It should be possible but whether it overtakes your will power or not is a question we would like to get an answer from you. you said "difficulty to control" - You are the only one going to create this control and so you will be the one to break it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mythofuniverse

mythofuniverse MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2010
    There is a ms tool called devcon to control the network adapter of windows....which will help u in disconnecting you from network at a particular scheduled time using Scheduler and reconnect the system to internet later...

Network Disable command : Ex: devcon disable *DEV_8139*
    Network Enable command : Ex: devcon enable *DEV_8139*
    :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    get someone to install Salfeld Child Control they put password on it but don't give you access so you cannot change the settings :biggrin:

8. im bored

im bored MDL Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Get your self a wife.
    or a virus LOL

9. menash

menash MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2011
    #9 menash, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
    (OP)
    you made me laugh a lot.
    thank you! :)

just disconnect.
    in a computer without internet, i don't have what to do.
    the internet is sometimes take comtrol on me and i spent a lot of time in it, and do other things.
    i have a dsl connection.

and for all the other's recommendations, thanks a lot for you too!