Is there a tool to identify a Slic?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by RedDwarf, Mar 18, 2013.

1. RedDwarf

RedDwarf MDL Novice

May 22, 2008
    Is there any software which can identify what type of PC a Slic table/certificate is designed for? Checking whether a Slic/certificate is for a laptop or desktop PC.

I would like my Bios mod to be as robust as possible. If my PC is checked, the motherboard and the Slic/certificate are a basic match and there are no obvious discrepancies, say a desktop motherboard with a laptop slic.

Does such a tool exist and if so what is it?

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    There is no such thing as a desktop SLIC or laptop SLIC, but this kind of activation is mainly used for laptop / notebooks.
    SLIC and certificate and serial are used for OA2.X. Means are used for OEM preinstalled licenses. (OEM activation). No matter what kind of PC. They are also used to license server.

So if you modify a BIOS /UEFI of a mainboard which is originally never sold as a part of an OA machine / never officially OEM licensed, then you theoretically have discrepancies. Laptop or PC is not the question / issue.

People are using the same brand when modifying, though.
    If SLIC (RSDT /XSDT) and certificate matches the OEM then the OS is activated after applying the serial, anything else does not matter concerning activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...