Is there a way to disable Windows 8 driver signature enforcement? Safe Mode?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MonarchX, Feb 22, 2014.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I know how to disable Windows 8 driver signature verification one time - by going into advanced startup options and selecting option #7. But how can I keep it disabled for each and every reboot?

Also, has anyone come up with a proper Safe Mode that can be loaded when you can't boot to your desktop/Metro? I know there is a Recovery Media drive that can be made, but I think a built-in Safe Mode simply has to be there. F8 or Shift + F8 does not work for me - Windows boots way too fast!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Helmutcheese

Helmutcheese MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 Helmutcheese, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    Why do you have the need to do the 1st part?

Once the unsigned driver is installed it will remain installed and work the same as a signed driver.

My Monitor and Soundcard driver are not signed as modded and I have to install that way once per update.

The only time I ever seen a need for this was when peeps mess with hacking Mobos to do SLI without proper Nvidia License.

3. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

use admin cmd :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...