Is There a Windows XP Universal Home or Pro OEM Ed ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by mr-roboto, Mar 25, 2008.

1. zerocool213

zerocool213 MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Hey solution

Ok i have several questions for you and i hate to bee a pain which i really dont like to be ,but i just dont want to see myself waste another disc for anything so i can just make both copys xp pro and home well ok here it goes.
    Ok i have dowloaded both files for home and pro
    for example i have a oem home disc right made a image of it
    then do i put the oem files in the in the oem folder which is located in the i386 followed by winntupg then the oem folder that one or do i just paste it on the outside meaning where you see docs and i 386 and stuff etc.
    Another question i been wanting to ask you ok do you edit the setupp.ini or winsif.
    Hope to hear from you soon

2. zerocool213

Apr 17, 2009
    esetoric

i have done that and it didnt work
    when i did that i just dragged the file into the iso root and left all the original files the same the way you buy a oem home editon disc do i do anything to the setupp.ini or the winstf or any of the oem files because i have made one disc and i did it the way you have it ur self in the image and it didnt work it asked me for the product key which it shouldnt when it should automaticly put in the key

3. esetoric

esetoric MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2009
    #44 esetoric, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Did you edit the SETUPP.INI file? I forgot to edit it the first time and (i'm guessing) setkey wasn't able to add the key.

Code:
    [Pid]
    ExtraData=786F687170637175716954806365EF
    Pid=76481OEM

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    One simple thing have you run oembios.exe that will tell you what oembios files you need and even if you can activate with OEM SLP. You need to run OEMBIOS.exe first if you don't have OEM SLP in bios then you will never activate.

P.S. search forum for oembios.exe

and buy rewritable dvd's

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    There need to be changes to the WINNT.SIF to allow for running the script. I really do not like using the cmdlines or runonce...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. zerocool213

Apr 17, 2009
    hey medic

yea i know something was fishy i know that you have to edit the winstf to run those files ,but can you write a command for me so i can use that so the universal disc can finally work

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    $OEM$ folder don't go into i386 it goes on root of cd just try doing a OEm cd for you brand of machine first oembios files go into i386.

not a lot of info here are you using oemscan.exe with ini file need more info:(

8. Liebo

Liebo MDL Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Has anyone successfully made a CD from the instructions and downloads in this thread?

9. zerocool213

Apr 17, 2009
    very

true has anyone made the cd yet and had a more than one successful install having two different manufactures install and use the same disc made

10. MadMan

MadMan MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2007
    #51 MadMan, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    I Made An Multi-OEM XP PRO CD From These Instructions & it activated on Acer, Dell, & Compaq but i had to provide my own OEM Activation Files! get them from oembios.net

11. Mudbubble

Mudbubble MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    #52 Mudbubble, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    Hey I have one question.

I noticed that when oem scan.exe calls the oemcopy.cmd,

oembios.bin, oembios.sig, and oembios.dat all get access denied errors

oembios.cat, oobeinfo,ini, oeminfo,ini, and oemlogo.bmp all copy successfully

Is there a problem that makes 3 of the oembios files not copy to dllcache?

And how can I make them copy properly?

Thanks again

12. MadMan

MadMan MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2007
    #53 MadMan, Sep 5, 2009
    as far as i can see the oemcopy.cmd doesn't copy the files! the OEMScan.exe copies the oembios.bin, oembios.cat, oembios.sig, and oembios.dat. then calls the oemcopy.cmd to copy oobeinfo,ini, oeminfo,ini, and oemlogo.bmp!

so if i understanf you correctly!

remove all lines from the oemcopy.cmd that copy the

oembios.bin, oembios.cat, oembios.sig, and oembios.dat

and that will solve your problem!

13. Mudbubble

Mudbubble MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    So should I remove those lines from oemcopy.cmd? Or just ignore it and move on with life?

Also, I am going to try a script to run the oemscan and copy those files with the "OEMPreInstall"=No

Because with OEMPreInstall=Yes I read that you lose the F6 for Sata drivers functionality.

Once I get the chance to test it I'll let you guys know how it goes.

14. MadMan

MadMan MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2007
    if i was you then i would remove the lines that copy the oembios.bin, oembios.cat, oembios.sig, and oembios.dat! but you don't have to! since the OEMScan.exe does the copying! w/o error's

15. Mudbubble

Mudbubble MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    I think I am gonna remove those lines, but its not really a problem, because those lines get access denied errors, everything else copies properly and all is right with the world.

I just don't like having faulty lines and I'm gonna remove them just because I'm OCD about stuff like that.

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  17. Mudbubble

Mudbubble MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    #58 Mudbubble, Sep 5, 2009
    Hey.....

Ill have to look into the txtmodass storage driverspack.

I didn't realize the driverpacks did txtmode.....do you know if I can integrate intel and amd simultaneously?

Thanks in advance.

18. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    The driver packs will integrate all the txt mode mass storage drivers if you are making a multi OEM disk why dont you integrate all the driver packs thats what i did :D really handy when installing on different machines.

19. zerocool213

Apr 17, 2009
    hey

No one has responded if this project has been done successfully for more than one manufacuture thoe because then it wouldnt be called mutli oem for nothing so if you did make it but just for only one manufacture sorry but not multi oem and i have read that thread like so manytimes and tryed to follow it but it just does not make a successful copy and yes i know how to tell if there are preactivated oem computers and yes i did put it in the root of the iso so yes i did everything correctly and nothing has gone successfully so i dont know what to do now can someone plz help
    or even just make one for both pro and home and upload it to torrents because there is alot more than dragging that directory to the root of that iso and yes i edited my setupp.ini