Is there an application to hide some items in the context menus?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by wmjordan, Jan 17, 2017.

1. wmjordan

wmjordan MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2017
    Nowadays, we have many items in the context menus in the Windows Explorer.
    There are quite a lot tools to ADD items onto the menu, but few can REMOVE or HIDE items.

I used to use the Moo0 RightClicker to hide some context menu items.
    However, it was not compatible with Windows 10.

Is there any similar tool which can work on Windows 10?

2. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    Unfortunatly the blocking/hide section doesn't work anymore in windows.

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #4 kaljukass, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Blueingreen

Blueingreen MDL Junior Member

Mar 18, 2015
    CCleaner does that job pretty fine: quick and easy.

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Easy yes, QUICK? Not so quick. Took me 3 minutes to find the path Tools > Startup > Context Menu
    The tool is not so evident at first glance.

6. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    The question, as put, has been answered. I’ll only add some relevant advice:

Firstly, you’re right in not wanting too many context menu items. They can slow down the Windows File Explorer and even cause it to crash.

Secondly, it’s a sensible policy not to install too many programs. They can likewise cause problems in addition to adding items to the context menu.

Thirdly, there are often portable versions of programs that don’t need installation and don’t burden the registry and the system.

Fourthly, always install programs in custom mode, disabling the addition of anything you don’t want. I also disable Start menu items, as I start programs from Desktop shortcuts.

Finally, in accordance with the above, you can do good to the system by uninstalling any programs you are not using, also getting rid of their context menu items.

8. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    i love stuff that can be run portable. put them on a usb key so they can be run from multi os pc, and over and over again on fresh installs. :)

9. wmjordan

wmjordan MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2017
    Thank you all for the kind help.
    I'd used AutoRuns (by sysinternals), ShellMenuView and ShellExView (by nirsoft) to disabled some context menu items. There were still quite many I wanted to remove but I could not find a way to.

I still miss Moo0 RightClicker so much. It was a pity that its development had stopped and the latest version was incompatible with Windows 10.

I am new to this forum thus I could not post links. Please replace the "#" with "." to take a look at the screenshot of the RightClicker below.
    www#moo0#com/software/RightClicker/%23RightClicker

It allowed us to customize the right click menu to move some scarcely used items to customizable sub-menus. Or, we could define some items would only appear in the extensive Shift+RightClick menu. Therefore, those not-so-frequently-accessed items could still be reached when they were needed.

10. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Is there any new software for this, to get rid off some items in the right click context menus?
    nothing that Search Page finds really works...

Thanks....

11. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I am looking for a (preferably simple) software that lets me add or remove items from the Right Click Context Menues.

I have searched the web, but found nothing that actually will do it successfully.... shellview included

Thanks

12. wmjordan

wmjordan MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2017
    #15 wmjordan, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    (OP)
    So far, the RightClicker was the only thing I could find to reduce items in the Windows Explorer.
    It had recently updated to support Windows 10.

13. billmcct

billmcct MDL Member

Aug 13, 2014
  14. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  15. billmcct

billmcct MDL Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I removed all the above and more with easy context Menu.
    As I stated Use the fourth icon for "ContextMenu Cleaner".

16. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013