Is there any adblock for the new edge browser?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by HelpMe, Jul 5, 2015.

1. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I am looking for some type of adblock for the edge browser, would anyone happen to know any? Also i have installed the StrokeIt Mouse gesture program for Win10, however it does not seem to work with the Edge browser, would anyone know how to config it, so that i could get it working? And my last question is, can anyone get copy/paste working from the host machine to win10 on vm? i can't seem to get it to copy and paste, but it works on my other vm, but it is running win7/8 etc.

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    - Afaik, Edge has no addons yet, but I heard they should be available around Fall this year. Alternatively, you can block ads via a custom HOSTs file.
    - Does StrokeIt work with other Modern UI apps? Could be some strange restriction in place somewhere that prevents such apps from interacting with Modern UI apps.
    - Depends on what Virtual Machine program you're using; maybe someone else can help with this though

3. tinybutstrong

tinybutstrong MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2010
  4. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Thx for the info, the host trick seems to be working!

5. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    i dont like this browser....except for be able to read PDF everything else i hate.

6. mmarkq

mmarkq MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2015
    Install Adguard, it works well. You can easily find 180 days trial version. Should be enough before Edge gets plugins :)
    Hosts trick isn't really an acceptable solution...

7. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    im sure it should be ready for RTM.

8. elzna

elzna MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2013
    if not, edge will be longside with IE, the most unused browser(s) for the home users.

9. klurosu

klurosu MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    Use chrome or firefox until addons for Edge will be released dude :)