Is there any way to test Autounattend.xml for errors before using ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by valued17, May 7, 2014.

  1. valued17

    valued17 MDL Member

    Jul 1, 2013
    136
    9
    10
    Is there any trick you guys use ?
     
  2. coleoptere2007

    coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

    Apr 8, 2008
    2,315
    1,189
    90
    Yes, with system image manager from ADK you can verify your xml file.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coleoptere2007

    coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

    Apr 8, 2008
    2,315
    1,189
    90
    Exactly :)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. valued17

    valued17 MDL Member

    Jul 1, 2013
    136
    9
    10
    I have created an answer file and when I use it with an iso, it gives error -

    "Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass [specialize]. The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component [Microsoft-Windows-Deployment]"

    I have tried to use an answer file downloaded from here also, with the same iso, but it gives the same error.

    I am trying this in a virtualbox.

    What am I doing wrong ?
     
  5. murphy78

    murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

    Nov 18, 2012
    6,680
    10,126
    210
    I would break your xml up into chunks and check them individually until I figured out which part was causing the issue.
    Alternatively you could also post it here in a code-box minus any product keys and ask for help...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. valued17

    valued17 MDL Member

    Jul 1, 2013
    136
    9
    10
    #7 valued17, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    (OP)

    I have checked the error log and there are some old registry entries which are causing the issue. Figuring out, how to delete those old entries from registry. :confused:

    EDIT: Turns out, I had 2 autounattend.xml files.

    One in root, which I was working on and one in sources\$oem$\$$\Panther\unattend folder which windows was picking up and causing errors.