Is there any ways to create Windows XP Offline Activation CD ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by calpo, Dec 5, 2010.

1. calpo

calpo MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Hi All,

I've just read and known that I only need to back up 2 files "wpa.dbl" and "wpa.bak" in Windows XP after activating online. And then using Safe Mode to replace these 2 files if reformatting a fresh installation. My question is that...

Is there any ways to create a CD Offline Activation with 2 activated files in Windows CD in order that these 2 files automatically replace instead I do manually ?

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions in advance.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You do not need any script to install. Just put in the $OEM$/$$/System32 folder. YOu need to make the folders and put them in the ISO, then make an unattended .SIF file. If you do not want to use the unattended or $OEM$/ folder, you can install with sfx installer (silent) and SVCPACK method.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. calpo

calpo MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks for your info.

As you said unattended .SIF, do you mean unattended .SIF equal to WINNT.SIF ?

If so, Where can I put unattended .SIF or WINNT.SIF?

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    winnt.sif file goes in i386 folder on cd.

6. calpo

calpo MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks urie. Where does the unattended.SIF go to ?

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. calpo

calpo MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks a lot. Have a good day.

9. bigdogchris

bigdogchris MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2011
    Hey,

I'm having terrible luck in creating an offline activated XP disc.

What I want to do is replace a hard drive on an HP and Dell computer, reinstall XP and use the existing activation on them. I do not want to have to put the key in on the COA. I basically want to create my own restore disc, just like Dell/HP would send me.

I've read here and elsewhere that you are supposed to copy the OEMBIOS.xx_ (compressed) files from the c:\windows\i386 folder, and place them into the i386 folder of an XP OEM disc, create an winnt.sif with the royalty product key, then burn and install. When I do this, it still makes me activate the OS on the Internet.

So can someone please tell me exactly what files I need from the hard drives of the existing activated computers, and exactly where to put them in the XP OEM CD file directories, so that I can install XP and not have to click to activate it on the Internet.

Thanks

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  11. bigdogchris

bigdogchris MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2011
    #12 bigdogchris, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
    I will try this.

Thanks.

12. bigdogchris

bigdogchris MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2011
    Well I got it working. I had to start with the uncompressed files that matched the CRC. Then compress them and go from there. I had to use a winnt.sif.

I'm still being told elsewhere though that you do not need the winnt.sif, only the 4 OEMBIOS files. He insist it's not needed and claims he doesn't use it himself.

I checked out a couple Dell/HP OEM OS disc that I have access too and they both use winnt.sif files as well.

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I thought you were wanting to reinstall on HP and Dell machines after replacing the hard drives so the vbs script I pointed you to grabs the oem bios files from your current working OEM SLP machines and compresses them + makes your winnt.sif file with existing oem SLP key.

As for the winnt.sif file yes you can enter the key manually but why do that when it can be done automatically.

14. sanjose

sanjose MDL Member

Jan 23, 2012
    @urie

I have a problem with this method. I create $OEM$/$$/SYSTEM32 folder and place wpa.dbl and wpa.bak in there, then put it in CD ISO ( parallel to I386 ). After re-formatting with fresh installation. It still shows " Activate Windows "

Am I wrong with something or Do I have to do something more with the folders $OEM$/$$/SYSTEM32 to get Windows Activated after re-installation ?

I read some other topics relating to Windows XP Activation and they said that I must login in Safemode and replace 2 files in there. Is that the only way to do ???

Thanks for your advice and help .

15. cinepx

cinepx MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2012
    how u did this explain it more