Is there anyway I can hide the visited websites from the ISP ?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by dearajay, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dearajay

dearajay MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    Is there anyway I can hide the visited websites from the ISP ?

2. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Use a proxy (or preferably a VPN with SSL or another form of encryption).

3. idsk

idsk MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    and don't forget to tunnel or change the dns too

4. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Remember most vpns probably go through things controlled by nsa or gchq anyway, so you can never really hide anything on net.

Just always remember that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Ah the all seeing eye's. :D

What i wonder is why one would need to hide the sites they are visiting from their ISP ????? :eek::eek::eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    There are programs like auto hide ip which automatically makes you go through a proxy but that the best you can do.

7. bogstandard

bogstandard MDL Member

Apr 16, 2009
  8. chintuchacha

chintuchacha MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2010
    yes VPN is the best solution... i can't post links so i couldn't recommend a free offer running these days... google may help in finding...

9. idsk

idsk MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    best known is Tor, as it use x random number of chained computers anywhere in the world
    but ull need to use privoxy and a way to hide dns too

10. fishoil

fishoil MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    Very good info, Thks

11. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    Maybe his wife works in the ISP company :eek:

12. ineedh3lp

ineedh3lp MDL Junior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    #14 ineedh3lp, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
    Best way is to install a proxy server on a remote computer that is kept most of the time on (and online), but of course, as it is the most secure it is also the hardest solution.

After you have installed a proxy server, set it not to keep logs and also add authentication rules so only you can have remote access to it.

Then you should proxify your web-applications (browser, chat clients, etc.) if not your entire system.

A combination between CCProxy and ProxyCap would be perfect since it allows TCP as well as UDP proxification. And don't forget, your maximum download speed through a proxy will be the proxy's maximum upload speed.

- (also, for this to work, the computer which hosts the proxy server should have direct connection to the Internet or the required ports forwarded)

- (and don't forget to add firewall rules so you can access it remotely)[/I]

Doing this is illegal without the permit of the PC owner.

13. Puffy

Puffy MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2013
    hide from isp?

Its impossible if you pass throught the isp with a proxy in fact. You have to pass throught the isp anyway if you use a proxy or not. But it depend if it's a misconfigured networks. You can change your mac adress (smac)of your network interface used for access to internet. If you use neighborhood misconfigured wifi network, whith a spoofed mac adress, you can be anonymous depend of yours skill in network management..

14. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    VPN is the way to go. Your isp see's you connect to the VPN, and nothing more.

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Anonymous Proxy will work as well, just a VPN like SecurityKISS or others are more easy to use. Most of them unfortunately Payware!

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Do you guys realise this thread is over two years old .