Is there anyway to install with Super Administrator account "Administrator"?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wisestar, Aug 17, 2009.

1. wisestar

wisestar MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    Hi everyone, I am new here. I have a very good read on all the information on activation and etc. It is great!!!

Now when I come to install win7 and the username name screen popped up during the installation, I am wondering is there anyway to activate the super administrator account - "Administator". (I know you can activate this account after the installation but I am just wondering if I can do it during the username input screen?)

I use XP now and I know when you install xp username, you can put "system" and the username will become administrator.

Is there similar method in win7?

2. genuineintel

genuineintel MDL Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I'm curious to know the answer, too.

3. darkhack

darkhack MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    #3 darkhack, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AzTec

AzTec MDL Member

Aug 4, 2009
    run cmd (run as administrator)

type:

net user administrator /active:yes

and you are done, log off, and back on as Administrator.

Works with XP and Vi$ta

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. drone_pilot

drone_pilot MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Thanks - bookmarked the page :)

6. roylion15

roylion15 MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    yep...

but this method is to activate it after the installation ...

I think that the question was rather :

is there any method to accept "Administrator" as username while installing Windows 7 ?

7. wisestar

wisestar MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    That's right! This is the right question I need.

8. ImmortalEyes

ImmortalEyes MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    Administrator is a reserved account in Win 7. Since, you cannot have duplicate account names - when installing Windows 7 - you cannot create a user a/c as administrator.

By default, the actual administrator a/c is disabled.

9. nightstorm

nightstorm MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    But can it be enabled by default in the installation procedure? :)

10. dntt

dntt MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
    yes, it can be done if you use vmware. i've done it before. it'll install windows 7 with the 'super' administrator account. but i don't know how to do it outside of vmware. :cool:

11. Veegertx

Veegertx MDL Junior Member

Jul 23, 2009
    I can do it but am not saying

In fact boot into Safe Mode via F8 key and login to the admin account in XP which has no password by default and put a password on it.

Now I jus wanna say, its all you driplegs wanna be something you ain't. You the drip's keep infecting this dam Inet left and right cause you wanna be an admin and you have no clue what an admin is. Then you create that account with no password and it takes the trojan/virus things all of 1 second to guess your password and then you're history. Then them dam things start spamming me and everyone else out here

put a pass on that account and protect it, make yourself an admin also cause with a few tweaks you'll be damn near as powerful as the Super God Admin, why because it may get you back, have done it countless times over last several months on several PC's, that and system restore which everyone thought sucked. You have no clue asking BS like that.

12. DKnight2066

DKnight2066 MDL Junior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    --If you know the answer to his question, why not answer him? Educating people is what this forum was created for. :)

--Again, why all the hatred? Asking questions is how people learn. Instead of insulting people, and saying they "have no clue" what an admin is, post a list of useful suggestions on how to properly use such an account. For an example, read:

- - - - -
    A) You can activate the super admin account during install by:<answer here>

B) Using an Administrator account for every day use can be a security risk. To minimize this, -always- protect such accounts with a long password.
    I recommend at least 15 characters long, comprised of both numbers and letters. No commonly used words, phrases, or number combos that someone could guess. AKA: Your Birthdate,etc.

C) I also recommend that you keep System Restore running at all times. Make restore points before you install any piece of software, or download something from the internet. If things go badly, you can Restore from said point and avoid the need for more drastic measures. (Reformat, etc)

D) Lastly, always have an Anti Virus utility installed on your system. Make sure it can detect all types of hostile programs. Viruses, Worms, Trojans, and Rootkits. Don't be fooled by "free" versions of some anti virus programs. They tend to exclude Rootkit detection, giving you an incentive to buy the retail version.

E) Ad-ware, Spyware, and Malware can also do damage to your computer, and aren't always covered by anti-virus software.
    I recommend Malwarebytes AntiMalware (and or) SuperAntiSpyware.

Keep us posted on how things go, or if you have any further questions. :)
    - - - - -

Again, a simple list of things to do/not-do saves both you and the question poster alot of time and headaches.
    Everyone goes home happy. :D

--DKnight

13. chaddawkins

chaddawkins MDL Senior Member

Sep 16, 2007
    this worked under vista, i would think with Win7:

@ this first screen after install, when you name an account press:
    Ctrl+Shift+F2
    then run command prompt and type:
    net user administrator /enable:yes
    net user administrator /active:yes

good luck

14. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    you have to enable the built in admin account using an unattended setup file. Yes it can be done, I don't know how to build unattended.xml files well enough to know how to do it, I just let MDT or SCCM create my unattended.xml files when I deploy the OS.

I deploy my OSes out of SMS with the local admin account enabled and passworded, the program itself (MDT or SCCM) generates the files like I said so I am not real sure.

If you want to know more about unattended installs I recommend grabbing the Windows 7 WAIK and using the system image manager to create an unattended.xml file.

15. Veegertx

Veegertx MDL Junior Member

Jul 23, 2009
    he has all the answers above
    :) your list is good and perhaps by being negative maybe they'll read closer all posts.

right after dealing with a system on an intranet got infected that had no pass and then infected several others kinda gets you worked up cause peeps are gonna remove the pass cause it takes 5 seconds from the boot

16. jrrkid9

jrrkid9 MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    Is it a good idea to activate this account, put a password on it and then disable it? Or should I just keep it disabled and not touch it. Can the super admin account be hijacked/taken control of/used to infect/etc if it is left disabled and without a password?

17. genuineintel

genuineintel MDL Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Can AN1 login as "administrator" in SAFE MODE? I can do it on XP w/o creating the administrator account explicitly.