Is Vistalizator safe to use to change language?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by windows123, Jul 30, 2016.

1. windows123

windows123 MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Im on Windows 7 Pro and I need to change my language to another language so I can practice the language im learning. Is Vistalizator safe to use? I have heard it is the easiest way to go about this.

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @windows123: I've never used it before, but it looks interesting. Just make sure that you do a backup of your system before using it.

Also, please let us know how it works out for you. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Several years ago I was in Japan and had to buy a computer. As no one in Japan speaks english, only japanese OS is available, and only home no Ulti....
    I got Vistalisor, installed it, and it worked fine except.....

You will see a pop up in the bottom right corner, telling you that your Win 7 is not legal, because made a not permitted change!

If you can change over to Ulti, then do it.

5. Nnyan

Nnyan MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2007
    For some strange reason one of my windows 7 keys came up as being French when I installed it just yesterday (was installing in a VM in ESXi 6). I used Vistalizator and while it was slow (over 30mins for complete process and I needed to install some updates before it worked) it did finally work. The only issue I ran into was that my windows 10 update would fail at various times in the process. Tried a number of things but nothing would give it the final push to complete. So I used the mediacreationtool and created an ISO, mounted it to the VM CDROM and installed windows 10 upgrade that way. Again this was slower than normal (this was the final of 4 windows VM's that I spun up late last night) but it did eventually update and activate just fine.

6. bandiko

bandiko MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2020
    the activation can be easily reset if you remove the feature that allows windows to upgrade my only worry is if its safe to use for example any keylogers or stuff like that

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You're necroposting a 3.5 year old post.

8. gaerher

gaerher MDL Junior Member

Mar 11, 2018
    In my experience (with Vista): yes, it’s safe. But, probably, you don’t realy need it, because english GUI is always consistent and robust while some localizations of the older Windows (Vista and 7) may miss a plenty of translated messages and files. It’s much better, in my opinion, to replace your operating system with official localized version.

One more reason against Vistalizator is its legal status: I guess that it is prohibited by Microsoft to change localization after installation for most consumer (not server or enterprise) Windows distributions.

9. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Theoretically NO.... I used it once on a computer with a legally bought Win7, admittedly many years ago, and as a result a pop up turned up in the bottom corner exclaiming that "This version of Win7 is no longer legit". So, unless you know how to handle this, do not use it.

10. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Hi, please always check the dates of the posts you're replying to!

11. ronillon

ronillon MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2020
    Registered just to comment this.
    What does have the age of the thread/post to do with anything? If comments are relevant to the issue and can be usefull to the readers, why not comment?

12. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    That's actually the problem: Nobody really know if the initial subject of the topic is even relevant at all, now.

Vistalizator is long dead. It doesn't work correctly. No new reply will change that in any way.