Is Windows 10 better and faster than Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Shafiur Rahman, Feb 13, 2020 at 21:05.

1. Shafiur Rahman

Shafiur Rahman MDL Novice

Thursday
    anyone can tell me about the windows 10 new version.
    Thankyou

2. Manish2018

Manish2018 MDL Member

May 15, 2018
    i suggest no win10 is not. win7 is best .

3. Bryn89

Bryn89 MDL Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Windows 10 is, ironically, faster at shutdown times. That's about it.

4. yozzcta

yozzcta MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2011
    Windows 10 is bad bloatware
    I suggest W8.1 to get W7 speed!

5. aquarius84

aquarius84 MDL Member

Oct 3, 2012
    do you mean with or without Hybrid Boot ? (Fastboot... Hybrid boot... or any other name they use for that thing)

i think that today the only reason to use Windows 7 is to have an old hardware.
    we're talking of an 11 years old Operating System !!

on modern hardware, with any kind of ssd, new chipset, new ... Windows 10 is the best
    all we have to do is disable some useless things and then it is very very good.

6. Bryn89

Bryn89 MDL Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Without, I think. Then again, I've only had experience with 10 on college computers.

7. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    What do you define by "best" in what terms of?

- Latency
    - Features
    - Boot speed
    - Apps (Windows 7 did not had any apps)
    - Security
    - Overall performance
    - In general -> data privacy

Windows 10 is without any doubt a step forward, however most people have different preferences and this is a subjective feeling and feedback. No one can tell you what YOU like and need/use.

Windows 10 works on older hardware the same as Windows 7, however, there are new features and stuff which "require" modern hardware this is due to security as well as privacy reasons. In "computer terms" you basically must use the latest software/firmware/OS at all cost, the history showed that using outdated or EOL product is bad advice in general.

I speculate and I assume you currently use Windows 7 and search for a new OS? If that's correct then maybe give Linux a try.

8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2012
    How fast or slow your computer is, it depends mainly on two factors:
    • how fast your computer itself is, ie what is the CPU operating frequency and maximum frequency, what is the RAM and how much is regularly available, what is the graphics card and what is your internet connection
    • the other very important (if not just/even the most important) is what lies between the keyboard and the back of the chair, or more precisely or more clearly to say, it is proportional to what is between the two ears of the computer user.
    • But with either Windows 7 or Windows 10? What's the question?
      There is no question or doubt at all.
      Or are you an antique collector?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. tangr0s

tangr0s MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2012
    That´s right. I´d say very old hardware.
    Almost any 4GB/8GB Ram Pc, Laptop or notebook, with a minimal cost (only change hdd -> ssd) goes at least equal, if not faster and better
    Totally agree

10. yozzcta

yozzcta MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2011

There is no doubt, you sir are ignorant.

11. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2012
    #11 kaljukass, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:39
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 11:46
    But why do you ask if you know everything and everyone else is stupid and ignorant?
    You're probably one a troll again here. Come here to live out your inferiority complex?
    It seems your only skill is to comment on others people and write personal insults against others.
    Here is no place for personal insults against other users. Here is discussion about computers and software.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Member

Jan 19, 2017
    1. The Best Win 10 version is Win 10 LTSC 2019.

2. Cutting out unneeded things from Win 10 ? MSMG Toolkit.

3. You can still love Win 7 for some time : Link

13. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Junior Member

Nov 7, 2013
    #13 case-sensitive, Feb 14, 2020 at 13:53
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 17:58
    At XP Vs Win 7 Vs Win 10 ---- >

My opinion ---- >

The change from XP to win 7 was horrible . But the change to win 10 was worse . Win XP was made by computer users for computer users . Win 7 is win XP with a few things glued on top / inbetween . Change in layout just for changes sake wich makes it more difficult to use .

Win XP did the job . Maybe it took time but it did it . I could copy and delete things from 4 HDDs at the same time . Maybe 10 - 12 things at once . XP did it . Win 7 doesnt . It freezes often .

It doesnt have as many / as good drivers in it so it has problems installing with some hardware ........ ( wich gets solved by useing the win 7 .wim in a win 10 .iso ) .

Win 7 has terrible copy , delete , empty dustbin and drag and drop times . XP was better . Win 7 counts things , estimates copy time and size . XP just copys .

Win 10 is faster than win 7 . The copy , delete , empty dustbin and drag and drop times are better and so far it hasnt frozen .

Win 10 looks realy crappy . Like a cheep and nasty linux . Win 10 is for people that collect pictures of cats and like telemetry , bloat , NSA and american world dumbination .

If the crappy bits werent in it it would be better than win 7 .

Edit . The search function on XP is good on win 7 and 10 its crap .