is windows 11 good or bad, poll

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by iota, Sep 17, 2022.

?

win11 is? compared to previous wins, like 10 8.x 7 etc.

Poll closed Oct 19, 2022.
  1. windows11 is almost best windows ever

24 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. windows11 is an improvement from previous windows releases

59 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. windows11 is mostly equal to predecessors

28 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. windows11 is a mix bag of good and bad

72 vote(s)
    26.9%
  5. windows11 is going to a bad direction

47 vote(s)
    17.5%
  6. windows11 is a nightmarish release

38 vote(s)
    14.2%
  1. iota

iota MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2014
    is windows 11 good or bad poll. you may leave additional comments or not.

i created this poll, but i guess what the results are when knowing what kind of guys are hanging around.

for me windows 11 starting to be almost last straw, it is even worse than win10, which is already bad enough.

my arguments:
    for win11 home ms account is (officially) mandatory, probably in pro in the future.
    win defender cannot be totally removed, it's always there more or less.
    secure boot is (half-)mandatory, workarounds exist but it seems that computer needs to have tpm module some way or another.

2. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    If you don't like the product, why buy and use it? Look for better alternatives.
    Or do you arrange a vote for every product sold in the store (cars, products, equipment)?

There are flaws everywhere. Especially in a subjective assessment.
    No Internet to use the OS? Then your choice excludes the designated OS and others like it (Chromebook, Google Flex).
    Not satisfied with the regular antivirus? Install another.
    Your computer does not meet the system requirements? Why buy sports equipment for a horse if it doesn't race?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    for win11 home ms account is (officially) mandatory, probably in pro in the future. - can bypass
    win defender cannot be totally removed, it's always there more or less. - can be

it's a nice system for user's who look for new experiences, I'm not.
    (we don't talk about privacy, and bloatware .. )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tapangbedaru

tapangbedaru MDL Junior Member

Mar 6, 2022
    I feel Windows 11 is not better or even worse than the previous version which is also not so good.
    They are just trying to make it look beautiful but full of distractions that hinder productivity. :(

5. iota

iota MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2014
    i'm not going to reject that bypassing is possible. it is possible with various ways but those are unofficial or hacks.

if i got it correctly, win11 home requires ms account at some point even it's temporarily created with local account. do i want to use unofficial methods forever. certain point, i don't like to circumvent everything. similar argument for win defender, win defender can be snoozed but it's active partially in a background.

6. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
    #6 scaramonga, Sep 18, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    A festering pile of horse dung are the 'kind' words I'll use, and that is just MS themselves, but don't get me started on the s**t they now churn out, and the many variations of it?

There are many reasons as to why things are FREE in life, but quite frankly, I'd rather go back to paying for a quality product. ;)

7. chillgates

chillgates MDL Senior Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Even now I feel what is advancement of 11 over 10 ? A further more messed up start menu, removed taskbar options on task bar, a bottom fixed taskbar, a confusing context menu, a messed up file association options, meaningless hardware requirements, more bloatware and services to eat up RAM.

Installed latest 22h2 preview on vmware. The new features they boasted about didn't make big difference as the OS is already sh*t.
    Android support is a joke on 11. You need to install android emulator provided by m$ to install APKs. We can do it on 10 with 3rd party apps.
    M$ being funny to force user to create m$ account while installing 11. Why force user as user can stop and delete m$ login after installing OS ?

My opinion is that m$ tried to mimic Apple OS in 11 and that's it. Nothing big.

8. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I want just a 'base' OS with all security updated, and nothing else, as I'm perfectly capable of installing what I wish, and should 'I' choose to do so.

If I wish to use an Anti-Virus, then I will choose which, if any, to install.
    If I wish to (for whatever stupid reason) have Candy Crush or any other crap littering my system, including Office etc., then I can choose also.
    I wish to install using a 'local' account period, no questions asked.
    I am sick and tired of selecting 'NO' to every option during setup (as are we all), so just remove all that s**t also.
    No Phone, Tablet or XBox nonsense, as we are PC users, no gamepad support either, nor Game Bar, as they belong in the former.
    No Android s**t, as I have my phone and other devices for that purpose. This is a PC, and only that.
    No Linux whatsoever, as we can boot any OS from them, from any device, should we need to.
    No ADS.
    Updates we can check and choose, like before, way back, nothing forced.
    Services we can disable without going through hoops to do so.
    No fancy skins, like Win11, that mask the horror of what is underneath.
    No Telemetry whatsoever, as you don't act on it anyway.
    No Solitaire, voice recorder and all other stuff years out of date still remaining.
    Nothing extra installed, and I mean nothing!, no shortcuts to web sites ;) etc.
    No Cortana, again, this is a PC, not a f**kin phone nor tablet.
    No Search, after all, who really uses it?, no indexing garbage. I have the WWW and if I need anything?, I'll find it, plus I well know where all my files are thank you.
    No Location or Geo/Radio crap., again, I have other devices for that.

I'm sure there is more, but this would be a great start :)

9. Milad Hashemi

Milad Hashemi MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2022
    Same as Windows vista,7,8-8.1 and 10, Windows 11 is not mature enough yet. If you ask me, it's in beta and testing stage.
    It's full of bugs. It has a lot of issues and problems,
    Fully bloated OS is nothing what people want these days. Windows comes with a lot of preinstalled apps and after connecting to internet it will install a lot of bulls**t apps.
    I use Arch Linux beside Windows 10. I see many people in community that switch to windows managers instead of desktop environments because of bloatwares.
    Personally, i prefer to know what softwares and processes sucking my storage and memory. What processes running in background and …
    All i need is naked OS to form it myself. Sometimes i don't use Windows explorer! And i use my favorite file manager.

10. damianfox

damianfox MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Windows 11 reminds me of Windows 10 with a splash of Vista and some added Apple spice. :)

11. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    it's not bad, considering the new design and look, it's an improvement but it comes with its flaws of course, nothing is perfect,
    what i like is android support, the new settings with the new style, the new microsoft store layout and the themes,
    all bad things can be tolerated, as every other version of windows, we can still customize it as per our needs with multiple tools available everywhere, whether before or during or after installlation, like debloating tools etc.

12. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    well, i am still on 7.. and for a good reason.stable, no crashes, no pain.
    what m$ did since then, is a total pain.
    i am intolerant of spyware, bloatware, etc.
    i do not want to have to jump through burning hoops just to turn off telemetry, and updates.
    for me, windose has survived itself, starting from w8.i looked at linux, but they still manage
    to mess up my wifi. when they see the light with that, i will install linux like a shot.
    [ the price is right too, for just an operating system.]
    i have considered to walk out of mdl, because everything later than 7 is just so much spam
    for me.and it never fails to astonish me that so many intelligent people waste their time on
    m$ products. just my 2 cents.

13. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    My mother-in-law. Now that's a extremely BAD thing, for real.

14. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    #14 acer-5100, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022

Improvement to what?;)

Under the hood? Surely there are some improvements there, each Windows version has them since Windows 1.0 (but we have yet to discover where they are), but at the GUI level? It looks like a wannabe clone of the windows GUI made for an Experimental OS compiled in a garage in 1997.

Seriously, grab the first public beta of the KDE from 1998 or so, launch it in a VM and you will realize that it KDE's GUI was more usable and coherent than W11's one.

Too complicate? Try PClinuxOS 2007, or the current Q4OS with the trinity GUI (which, aside some "modern" icons and few tweaks meant to manage the currend HW is still the same as KDE3.x), then try W11 again and tell me your impression :)

15. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    I like how they're going back to a more Vista-Like UI.

16. EaglePC

EaglePC MDL Expert

Feb 13, 2012
    OK task I do a lot of copy move files Win 10 easy and fast Win 11 confusing and time-consuming hope that's a start on my opinion

17. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Windows 11? You mean macOS 11?

18. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    No. "Privacy invading, bad MacOS 11 clone without any UI consistency", you mean? :oops:

19. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    Still not yet as bad as MacOS.

When MS launched Win95 Apple released some T shirts with jokes printed on them.

One said Windows 95 = Macintosh 84 (which was somewhat true)

Now Win 14 = MacOS 2022 (which is both true and scaring)

P.S. the best was the T shirt with the writing

C:\NGRTLTNS :roflmao:

20. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    You guys don't understand Microsoft. In the post Win8 era they strive at making things bad for the users. They tried with Windows 10 but it wasn't bad enough so they had to make Windows 11.