Is Windows 8 RTM English, 64-bit (x64) the Core Win 8?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by programm, Apr 9, 2013.

1. programm

programm MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2013
    #1 programm, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    Hello, I don't know what RTM means, I need to download the ISO for the exact same Windows 8 that my laptop came with. This is Windows 8 x64 Home/Core/Basic/Non Pro/Noob whatever is called (cause I got tired of finding out what the name is).

So I found this
    29322-The-Official-Windows-8-Repository

so which one corresponds to 'Windows 8' whereas that is not Pro, Enterprise, RT but the home version (thanks wiki for making it clearlier than MS what editions there are)

I even tried Win8 setup from MS using a retail key from there to get an ISO:
    70-windows-8-direct-download-links

It tells me 'cannot connect, try your connection' lawl after the key passed authentication so FAIL

So which one is the core Win 8 from your repositionary thread?

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That would be the Core Version! You normally should be able to use the RTM and it will automatically install the right version depending on your Product Key which is in the BIOS of your laptop. Maybe you'll need the Brand specific OEM Version, not sure about that and a test will show. Just try the RTM which has both: Core and Pro.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. programm

programm MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2013
    Thanks but could you show me the download for it? All I see in the repositionary thread is a listo of windows in Step 1, yes I see the RTA x64 and I do not see where to download

4. programm

programm MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2013
    ^Thank you! Now that I have the Win 8 iso, I need to make a bootable DVD. Would a DVD+RW be enough to do it? I heard something needs to be done to boot from UEFI, if that's needed cause I will need to create partitions for my SSD and HDD.

5. abc2013

abc2013 MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2013
    Thank you very much PaulDesmond. I also spent so much time to find the fast downloading links.

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    you are most welcome :D