Issue with games on Windows 10 - Cycle from minimized to maximized

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by johnathonm, May 16, 2015.

1. johnathonm

johnathonm MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to fix the issue where games keep flashing back to the desktop after they are launched or running? They still run but cycle back and forth on each click.

Thanks,

J

2. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    ya run windows update

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. johnathonm

johnathonm MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    Double checking, but I don't think there are any updates left. Is there a specific KB I should be looking for? No, there isn't an update at the moment.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Could be an problem of the Graphic Card! I had such with Cities and was need an change of the Graphic Card Driver.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. johnathonm

johnathonm MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    Yeah,

It's something that got stuck with the upgrade from the GTA game ready driver to the WHQL Windows 10 driver. I had to run the Display Driver Uninstaller tool from another site to rip it out. Once that happened, I reinstalled and it's now working without issue.

Thanks for the replies.

6. sh4dow_cr4ft

sh4dow_cr4ft MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2009
    I disabled the start menu by striping searchui.exe of all permissions lol

put a folder on my desktop pointing to start menu items, and honestly... I prefer this over the crap M$ has been pushing out lately

7. ruili

ruili MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    Ive tried everything I could think of, new drivers old drivers, seems 10074 is really btoken. Seems to be something to do with the start menu. Even trying to wake up from a sleep state is fkd and needs rebooting.

8. ruili

ruili MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    Got an update today, may have fixed problem. i was able to start smite and its screen styed open when i clkd on it:clap: