Issues after rolling back from build 17133 to Fall Creators

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lameguest, Apr 14, 2018.

1. lameguest

lameguest MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2008
    In the past days I successfully managed to update almost all my PCs to the Spring Creators supposed RTM build (17133.1). Only one of them, an Asus QM1 stick pc, had a serious flaw after the end of the update process. image started to "stutter" when there was activity of any kind on the screen, more the activity more the "flicker", until screen goes completely off (black screen). The computer was still functional and i was able to blindly restart it in a clean way. And then the flaw come again shortly. So i decided to roll back to the previous build, and the operation completed successfully.
    But now I have two issues; the store app menus are shown in english language (my system language is italian), and the Windows Defender Antivirus service does not start, as the .exe file called to starting it does not exist. It should be in ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform, but this folder is empty. WU tries to install new definitions but of course does not succeed in doing the job.

Is someone be able to find a solution, mainly for the antivirus issue ?

Thanks

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    do a clean install save yourself the head ache

3. What might be a good idea in the future is to backup the partitions on every Windows 10 build you are using. Then if one build of windows 10 goes south then there is no worries because you can just revert back to the flawless clean running build you were using before you updated. That is now what i do with all my machines and it saves me a whole lot of time and frustration.

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Not everyone has time to do a clean install every 6 months on all computers. :whistling:

5. exactly and neither do i so i back everything up like i just stated so i don`t have to do a reinstall later!!

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    When people, who don't have that time, didn't pre-install new windows builds before they reach GA, they wouldn't have these problems.

7. #7 Deleted member 578156, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2018
    Yes your absolutely right that's true but for the people that do beta test that is one good way to prevent problems `AKA` Time as anyone can tell you but if there were no testers out there then there wouldn`t be a good operating system out there for people like you to enjoy now would there. Good advice is good advice no matter what the situation is!.