Issues with Dial Up connection in W8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by blacknight, May 12, 2013.

1. blacknight

blacknight MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2011
    I don't know if I am posting it in the correct section or not. Sorry, if it should be posted somewhere else in the forum.

I am facing a strange issue with windows 8. I am a dial up connection user, I have paired my Nokia cellphone with windows 8 via bluetooth.

When successfully paired, my device is showing under network connections as a single entry, what it should be. It is working perfectly.
    Now whenever I put my laptop into hibernate, and again start my system from hibernate mode, i found that there are two entries of the same device showing under connections. This happens everytime whenever system goes into hibernate. an entry adds up in the connections list. however only one of them works perfectly and the rest don't respond to any actions, b'cos they are invalid entries.

Now when i restart my system, all the invalid entries are lost and only the valid entry remains under connections.. This thing again repeats itself whenever the system goes into hibernate.

Please view the images i have attached.

Is there something wrong i am doing, or is a issue with windows 8..

This was never the case with windows 7.

image 1.jpg image 2.png

2. Pushkar112

Pushkar112 MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2010
    windows 8 contains lots of bugs.
    hope they are solved in windows 8.1.

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's not a bug. In hibernating the system settings for programs etc. are written back in an temp file which will be executed at "restart".

Driver's are a different things and special those for on line connection using Dial Up which will change within the "restart". The "old connection" are still there in that temp file and will be loaded but couldn't be executed and the Dial Up sys will install a new connection which still keeping the "old" settings.

I would suggest, to close the running connection BEFORE hibernating which should help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. blacknight

blacknight MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2011
    I would normally close the connection, before the system goes into hibernate. but it's the same thing that happens

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I just checked I still have an Dial Up Modem but haven't! So, impossible to real check from my site. Sorry for that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...