Issues with... windows update?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by simonhwsn, Aug 26, 2011.

1. simonhwsn

simonhwsn MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2011
    I have two computers, a desktop which was assembled by myself and an acer notebook. So I moddified the MB of the desktop and installed W7HP, in this machine I have configured Windows Update with the option "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them", even then sometimes when I reboot or turn it off it makes me wait while "updates are applied". In my acer notebook this never happened before, until yesterday when I made a fresh install (I saved the original OEM certificate and product key) of W7HP (it's original OEM OS) and now I got the same behavior, what's going on?

sorry about my poor english

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    not sure exactly what the prob is but i can tell you that it is normal for the machine to need time to apply changes, so waiting couple minutes depending on the number and complexity of the updates is ok. If it is doing this all the time ,then it is a prob, maybe uninstall the update, reinstall, disable firewall AND AV:cool:

3. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    When i install them manually,my Pc stops working on shut down and i have to unplug my Pc from the wall,so i can start again.
    When i let him install alone from shut down than i dont have any issues with updates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. simonhwsn

simonhwsn MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2011
    The point is that this is happening even when I don't download or install any updates

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    I will suggest you check any driver u have downloaded recently or prog
    run a repair command

what win7 are u running, specs.....

6. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Check your PC with Malware or an Antivirus for corrupted stuff,but it´s normal that you have to wait for the updates that they install.
    Sometimes it takes longer (depends on the size and file)and sometimes shorter.
    Sometimes i have issues when updating,not always but sometimes :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...