It seems no one wants windows 10 !

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Buckie, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckie

Buckie MDL Junior Member

Nov 27, 2012
    It seems the majority of people are not up-grading to windows 10 as even Gabe is sending emails asking people to "Help others to up-grade" Even the dog story, is that meant to encourage people with dogs to up-grade.

It seems the news has gotten to people about your information, and doing an upgrade allows Microsoft to own it, all of it. I think they are trying to compete with Google on gathering information ! I've now down graded both PCs and only have windows 10 on the laptop, the insider program.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, and think its the best windows ever, BUT out of principle I'll be dammed if I'm going to allow any company to gather my personal details and invade my personal space. I've a split personality where that is concerned. Any company that forces me to complete my personal details I put in my other made up details. No one has the right to invade your privacy, although I make an exception for my Bank, but anyone else deals with my imaginary friend.

I also think Europe will make Microsoft take out that coding too, so they must have another version handy for when that happens, it'll just materialise one day to comply....

:clap:

2. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Yet another new thread that could have been added to the mass of existing telemetry/spyware threads. A new one of these is started every couple of weeks or so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    when somebody doesn't love something, they do everything to make all people hate it too. if you hate it dont use it. :death:

4. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    useless and stupid post

5. 1ManMafia

1ManMafia MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    I feel bad for your health insurance, car insurance, and employer.

6. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #6 LiteOS, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    In the age of Windows XP, its was new innovative OS
    with a lot to offer

Today Windows 10 is ok, with not a lot to offer to desktop users
    does it mean its bad OS ? no, its fine OS just people don't have many reason to move

Microsoft doing lots of hard work to make this OS universal and compatibility..
    Desktop OS already in saturated state, makes 10% of people to upgrade to windows 10
    its good number, Windows 10 doing good

7. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009
  8. Buckie

Buckie MDL Junior Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #8 Buckie, Dec 18, 2015
    (OP)
    I also said "Don't get me wrong, I love it, and think its the best windows ever" My point is if Gabe has to come out begging people to upgrade it can't be doing as well as some in here think !!! So I'm not trying to discourage anyone from using it ? The fact that Microsoft themselves are groveling to everyone to upgrade does that all by itself.

As far as it being a useless post/thread, why are you reading it and posting on it, keeping it going ? Just don't read it or comment on it, that to me is a complete waste of time and energy !

Having a 9 or 10% share of the market is nothing .... Especially since it's FREE... and the majority of the 9% are Pirated editions ? :eek:

Sorry forgot to add, I don't have health Insurance or an employer ! However I do drive and missed them, they fit in with my Bank, and there may be a few other one I'm sure I've missed other ones too...

9. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009
    #9 chris34, Dec 18, 2015
    He is not begging, he's just doing his job as a Microsoft employee/representative to promote the new OS. They did the same for XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 and now 10. It wouldn't make any sence if he was promoting an older version of the OS when Microsoft just released a new version.

The main reason people aren't upgrading an OS right at its release is because everyone got used to the fact that it can bee a pain in the butt. If you add the telemetry thing with people getting scared about their privacy, not knowing that Google or Apple does the same with their systems, it'll take some time for some to figure out that every big software company does the same. Plus even if it's free, you can't compare with Windows 7 or XP. When they released Windows 7 there was just XP/Vista on the market. Let alone XP that only had 98/Me/2000... Now there's XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. So yeah, it's going to be a slow but sure gain of market shares.

Windows 10 will surely have its biggest gain in market shares in the couple of months before the Free upgrade promotion ends. By then, rs1 will be out and the OS will have matured enough, and people will be less concerned about the telemetry thing to upgrade.

10. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    10 gives nothing new, there isnt new features or anything to make the "upgrade" worth. Even more, its SLOWER than any previous w$. Starting with the boot time, it takes at least 8 times more to boot than seven. This is because the m$ CEO is pointing to that f**king framework who is a FAIL attempt to unify xbox, their stupid phone who NO ONES uses and this crappy OS. Most of the lastest KB are to fix that stupid framework. Its SO FAIL that they think forcing the people to use 10, would make the critical mass to make the people use their FAIL AT BORN phone OS. btw, have any of you used w$ phone?. Its plain s**t.
    Instead of pointing to Android, no, they are more and more to their stupid OS. You dont failed once but TWICE!.

And not to mention the privacy issue. Who wants to upgrade to a malware/spyware.

11. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    no one wants it yet it's the most torrented os since xp GG to your logic but you are wrong you sound like a windows 8 hater a mindless goon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    you sir had one messed up install and one horrible pc time to get a system upgrade but your post was to much bs for anyone to handle

13. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    @WardocsRevenge: poor M$-fanboy...when you don't have reasonable argument, then attack the person. I wish you live in a house driven by Win10 and have a car driven by it...oh, you can't, you'd be long fried by now from one of Win10 "features": didn't brush up your teeth the right way, forgot to put the square pants on and...forgot to sing "all hail haleluia Winblows 10".

LOL.

Windows 10 is like AIDS...

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    most torrented is what I can confirm. never had such a traffic in my little seedbox since 10 is out. All other conflicts is where I do not like to write a comment :D

15. LLStarks

LLStarks MDL Member

May 17, 2011
    People don't know how to SSD

16. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    you know how to stay safe and clean :biggrin:

17. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009
    What do you mean by don't know how to SSD? If it's what I think it is, I know how to SSD. I finished first at the Suck a Space Donkey contest!

18. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

yep ............

19. xanadu73

xanadu73 MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2013
    It's not a bad operating system but it does not represent a breakthrough vis-a-vis previous operating systems like windows xp or windows 7 did. These had considerable improvements compared to Windows 9x and Vista. On the contrary, Windows 10 doesn't have much to offer in terms of user friendliness and performance. The second point is Microsoft's efforts to get into the mobile-tablet market, where it considerably lags behind Apple and Google. It therefore tries to render the operating systems more touchscreen-friendly (such as the new PC Settings instead Control Panel etc...). This makes the operating system less user friendly. Another point is the inclusion of embedded software like Windows Store Apps and Edge Browser.

20. eric33

eric33 MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2012
    i have tested it in old pc and itis very fast and the same in old laptop faster than the rest windows