It's Patch Tuesday and WSUS is broken.

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Myrrh, Jan 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #1 Myrrh, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Tuesday, 13 January, 2015

Normally I would be all over the search engines trying to figure out what is wrong with my WSUS server, but it's Patch Tuesday, Microsoft made some internal policy change regarding security updates since last time, I have made no configuration changes, and all of my WSUS on different networks are failing in the exact same way as of today. They'll get it figured out soon.

Code:
    Synchronization Details
    Result: The upstream server experienced an unexpected error. Please try again at a later time.

Details: SoapException: Fault Occurred
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetUpdateData(Cookie cookie, UpdateIdentity[] updateIds)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.WebserviceGetUpdateData(UpdateIdentity[] updateIds, List`1 allMetadata, List`1 allFileUrls, Boolean isForConfig)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.GetUpdateDataInChunksAndImport(List`1 neededUpdates, List`1 allMetadata, List`1 allFileUrls, Boolean isConfigData)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean allowRedirect)
    This is a "it's not you, it's Microsoft" notification for fellow WSUS admins out there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bobby.Stewart

Bobby.Stewart MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2015
    Yep! But it's up now!

Just now got mine to synchronize. I'd sure like to know what happened and how to prevent it!

3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Whatever it was, they had it working again within a few hours. Some server issue I guess.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    WSUSSCN2.CAB was missing. :eek: 404'd!