itshidden VPN Free

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by pisthai, Jan 4, 2017.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Thanks for this, if genuine it could come useful. But isn't there any catch, like ads (adware), slow speed, monitoring your activity etc?

Free VPNs usually have disadvantages inducing you to get the paid for version to get round them.

3. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    :g: clicked the link, could not log in without giving my email. dankend abgelehnt! ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's something you've to test on your own, as anybody else! I'm using CyberGhost and happy with that. Just came across about this itshidden-VPN, and posted that infos.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's simply your choice, any doubt with that! Just to mention, for such connection, I've some bogus (just real) e-mail addresses and would use that one for to test some like this out!

Sometimes, in fact most of the time, fast judging isn't the best choice!!

6. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @nodnar: Thanks Anyway? Just curious. :)

@pisthai: Thank you for posting it. I know that it was done from a good place in your heart. :)

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @pisthai thanks for the heads up dude, I can see after this app :)

8. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I certainly don’t want to follow the usual pattern of looking a gift horse in the mouth and turning against the bona fide poster. This is because I’ve often enough come under attack myself for trying to inform.

The problem is that the web has made us old users rather cynic due to bad experiences. To paraphrase nodnar’s wise sig quote:
    “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”
    I’d say:
    “Just because you’re cynic doesn’t mean they aren’t after using you” ;)

So, talking in general and not necessarily referring to the present case, if I were the FBI trying to trace law-breakers, I’d offer a free VPN service, even with good performance, and then monitor carefully who’s using it and for what activity.

Which means that, if you have nothing to hide, you can take advantage of the offer, and pull your tongue out to the FBI to boot. :)

9. cetipabo2

cetipabo2 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2015
    that's why there are trash mails, minute mails, etc...;)

10. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    ˄˄
    Yes, but just bear in mind that these do not always work. Some crafty sites have them listed, recognize and reject them. In fact, several such mails even enable immediate recognition by having tell-tale names with words such as: temp, trash, spoof etc.