[Java Swing] How to get started

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by stevemk14ebr, Feb 20, 2012.

1. stevemk14ebr

stevemk14ebr MDL Senior Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Hey guys i've decided it's time for me to learn another language. From what i gather swing is the java with the gui so thats what i want to learn. I really just need some people that can point me in the right direction and tell me why there are so many types of java (i think swing is just 1 like sub-catagorie). I downloaded the eclipse ide and i have the windowsbuilder pro addon installed. I only wrote 1 crazy simple little thing that has a button and counts how many times you click it, so i'm not a "complete" noob :/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. stevemk14ebr

Jun 23, 2010
    any1, i would appreciate feedback?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Personally, I use the NetBeans for compile Java applications for the platforms...

You can download the latest in this website, and start reading some books and videos on YouTube...

Java is an flexible language, with many features and muli-platform operated, the coding map looks as C#.

4. stevemk14ebr

Jun 23, 2010
    #4 stevemk14ebr, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    (OP)
    thank you, i took a look at netbeans and i'm going to use it as it is better than eclipse. Thanks for ur reply

Edit- after using netbeans for a while i seem to have trouble recreating many tutorials i find, i have since switched back to eclipse and many problems have disappeared