Java Viruses?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cole31, Jul 7, 2013.

1. cole31

cole31 MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2013
    -first off i would like to just say that i am posting this question under windows 7 since most of the problems have happened on win7. if you would like it somewhere else please feel free and sorry in advance o_O -

now for my question, i work on repairing computers for people and lately i have noticed a lot of java viruses. They have been making the PC talk, play random noises in the background and so on. SOOOO i was wondering if you have any advice for removing them/preventing them. They have become very annoying to find and was wondering if you pros have any tips. maybe this discussion might help someone else besides me who is in need so any comments/tips on removing would be greatly appreciated as well as what programs you use.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    My own experience with the Java exploit-virus has been a real trojan bear to deal with. I have seen it with Microsoft Essentials during the past few months, it would reveal in the history part of the ME after scan and then I'd remove it, i started looking in registry for signs or of particular files that manual removal includes, but found nothing once it was removed but I'm sure it lies dormant until 'the next time.' Well, since this time now-it's left my computer (I believe that is, i'm not 100% sure) concurrently I'm working on other thread and we're trying to get to the resolution side of this fence, but i'm unable to download and Java itself i removed or tried to and there is one java still on my hard drive and shows setup Java Setup u21. But it's not functioning correctly and again, to download new Java's when I noticed that the problem of downloading itself has been main issue for about ... a week (now). I can get windows updates and Malware Bytes updates (downloaded) and Microsoft Essentials AV updates. What a trip!! All and any download I've attempted ... to no avail. How trippy!

Just a little input and nothing maybe of significance, but as far as java goes, i think it helps to research and review alot of different scenerios, etc..(?).

Take care,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    It seems to me that there are two sides to this coin..

java has always a pain, security wise..

so heads;
    what can we do about this to prevent the pain,

and tails;
    when you work on machines that customers
    have already f**ked up for you, the answer
    is nothing, the evil has been done.
    so you have to fix it.

my own experience is limited to an xp install,
    long ago. java would merely refuse to update.
    no virusses that i found. but i could not fix
    it, so i formatted the thing. fresh install.
    not an option on a customers pc, probably.

just my 2 cents.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    use linux or hirens boot cd to dload the tools needed.

6. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    McG,
    Thanks for your reply and chek it out, I actually found out that the reason for my downloadings failing was only because the add-on settings of IE9 i had personalized and quit some and removed some, and i'm going to learn about what those settings are (and there's a ton of em), and anyway (& probably spending the extra that doesn't need to be used up on some of or a lot of 'em anyway, ya know it.)
    But yeh, thanks again for your time and find on that piece of helpful info. you alerted me to.
    Take care,
    Later*

7. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Your just 2 cents IS JUST.... and to the point, I HEAR YAAAAAAA! You probably spent some time and extra effort to get that all together to the point of running smoothly and not like that commercial where it's rewinding and 'getting back to how things was' but i like the rollback feature, more so in Windows 7. (that's a little off the subject) but anyway, i think for now i'm just going to go ahead and discharge the java that is still on my computer and it's not really functioning fully anyway from when i was uninstalling or had tried to and for whatever reason, stopped and then the next day came (or today) :) aren't you glad for details? :)
    Nah, i feel 80% better that a simple "tick" that is the mouse click to indicate x it or no x it by clear or keeping it open, and that's then when the curtains opened, orchestra strummed....wow! What an imagination, maybe this could be the opening for Windows...what is 9 next. :)
    Ok, well back here in java land, i think i'm going to have to lay it off and see what happens or if the computer's functioning without it and if it's called in or for, i guess deal with it then. It would be awesome if whomever could design a bogart or a decoy of java and then let that seem to sizzle around and then the hacks could play with that one and the real java could perform under a new ... well, that's a long sort of as i go I'm thinking, but that's not workable.
    I better say thanks alot for paying attention to my thread and I appreciate it all!
    Well, if this were political workshops imagine what great Country it could end up to generate all the way around. Ok, i'll save my positiveness for another time too. :)