1. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    #1 NST_Adventure, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Javascript

JavaScript is a text-based programming language used both on the client-side and server-side that allows you to make web pages interactive.
    Javascript and it's relationship to Privacy:
    Back to old day where js isn't too powerfull because only used for text only (and after that js are evolve now able to used for interactive content)
    there are no data sended to website
    but as technology are upgraded by time to time JavaScript now able to send various devices information unfortunately sensitive data is one of them.

JavaScript is OP And Dangerous:

Of course they too OP because they can send data and dangerous due to sensitive data leak behavior

If enabled js are able to send this info:
    Any active sensor
    Your ip address
    Any personal and sensitive informations (History etc etc)
    And much more

For easy example for your reference is ads and tracker that are lurking around website

Also js can misused for example they put or inject malicious javascript to redirect you to annoying or dangerous website
    (for example download button on zippyshare)

Prevention:
    Use extension to block malicious js while keep other js active (Noscript for example)

Disable all JavaScript
    (add exclude for important website arcoding to user)

1. Why login need Javascript and Cookies?
    -login button is interactive content
    -website need remember you (unless they provide temporary login feature)

2. Why we don't just use adblock? I don't want to be complicated! Everyone need simple method not complicated one!

Before you blaming me and (or) start to nagging me you need remember everything need effort i didn't mean there is no simple method what i want to say is There is an effort, there is a result

Also you need understand how adblock work:
    Adblock only block their server instead of JavaScript code it still fine but unfortunately adblock is unable to handle malicious Javascript which not effective for nowadays

As i said mostly website contain malicious javascript and too dangerous especially for newbie and only way to get rid of it by disable that or if you want to a bit complicated use NoScript extension ⚠️

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Did you invent this s**t yourself or it have been copyied from somewhere.
    In any case, it is impossible to understand what its content and purpose are.
    Please include the original source if it exists or try to explain what you really wanted to say.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    #3 NST_Adventure, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    (OP)

Well i learn basic from wikipedia and privacy browser apps

Also mind your language or you will get blocked and reported sorry if i offended you is not my intention but i know you have good intentions on my thread by giving feedback but please use nice language i do not support any toxic language from now on thanks

4. tonyferrari

tonyferrari MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2021
    I used Adblock for many years but they don't block all ads adblockplus org / acceptable-ads#revenue

Now I use uBlock Origin, but I think this is wrong: As i said mostly website contain malicious javascript and too dangerous especially for newbie and only way to get rid of it by disable that or if you want to a bit complicated use NoScript extension

For newbies NoScript can be difficult to configure and white/black list domains, here is a better explanation: steveshank com / cgi-bin/article.pl?aid=28 as to why I don't recommend it to newbies

Sorry can't post links

5. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    Or even better disabled all js at once

@tonyferrari

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure