Joomla or Wordpress

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by krneki, Oct 20, 2012.

1. krneki

krneki MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2010
    I'm going to create new CMS website, but I cannot decide which one to use - Joomla or Wordpress. I have some experience with Joomla as I already created 4 websites using version 1.5, but on the other side I have none experience with Wordpress. I know that decision should be based on what I need, so here is an example: velejapark.com . My site will be a bit less comprehensive, but in addition it should have nice image gallery. Please have in mind that I need similar functionality as the map which you can see under "ponudba" -> "- trgovine". I'm not sure if that can be done with either, but lets be optimistic.

Template is going to be greenish as well. Oh, I must not forgot that my programming skills are very limited so please keep that in mind as well.

Thanks for advices and suggestions in advance!

2. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    Seeing the site is mostly based on menu's and not news items would I say to stick with Joomla since you also got experience with it from earlier websites. Wordpress is mostly used as a blog CMS or for a site with news on the front-page. Joomla is however for a site with custom menu blocks for so far I remember it.

Most of the site you said as example is based on HTML/CSS though. There isn't really a CMS which can make such transitions and clickable map.

3. jainny

jainny MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2012
    hello
    i think word press is best...

4. d.karakasa

d.karakasa MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2012
    It really depends on your needs, its best to test both and see what fits your liking