Just a quick question regarding Loa-ders

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by neowlchaz, Aug 6, 2009.

1. neowlchaz

neowlchaz MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Okay, so I understand all the slic and grub activation/emulation that's required to get everything going a-ok, but so far, no activator thus far has been successful, only the old orbit30 one that replaces the settings to make the RTM believe it's RC, thus making the timebomb.

Now, my question is; are the loaders exclusive for the untouched iso or can you use them with the early leaked WZOR build (the one that wasn't an iso, just the setup files)?

If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. tazman137

tazman137 MDL Junior Member

Jul 17, 2009
    They worked for the WZOR copy too, which inside matched the MD5s for those files as well. My DELL 5100 Inspiron wont activate either. Reinstalled W7 RTM 7 times now, used every different loader. Must be something with the HD or the fact that it's IDE. At this point there is nothing more it can be.

3. neowlchaz

neowlchaz MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    #3 neowlchaz, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    (OP)
    okay thaks for that, still pushing on, trying to get at least one method to work for me

4. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #4 HotCarl, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. neowlchaz

neowlchaz MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    tried that, everything seemed to go through fine in cmd, but no joy after reboot, got the flashing cursor implying that the emulation was working, but no activation. I have 15 days before a rearm -is worried-

6. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Some boards do not work with loaders. You are stuck buying the OS or modding your BIOS.

7. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #7 HotCarl, Aug 6, 2009
    Yes... Sadly, that is the case sometimes, and only a BIOS mod will work (if your PC is new enough**). As Chronic said, you could always buy it too. I did. It is quite worth it in my opinion. Sorry that I could not be of more assistance.

**New enough would be like if your PC came with Vista pre-installed from an OEM...then most likely you have a SLIC 2.0 enabled BIOS and you could mod it to update it to SLIC 2.1.

8. neowlchaz

neowlchaz MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Yeah my board is slic 2.0, and i have no idea where or what i'll be doing to flash it to 2.1

I know i have phoesnix bios on the board and it is an intel chipset based board, but I think that the mtherboard branding has been hidden, as it only comes up with DIXONSXP wherever I look.

9. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #9 HotCarl, Aug 6, 2009
    Hmmm. If you cannot find files for your BIOS online (through your OEM vendor), I think you can use software to dump your current BIOS to a file, then you can hex edit that file to replace a few values to "mod" it, then flash your BIOS... I have never done this before (I have flashed my BIOS, but I have never had a reason to dump/copy it to a file on the hard drive to mod) so I would suggest getting help from someone who has done this before. Maybe ask in the General Discussion area if someone could point you in the right direction on how to do this, or maybe someone could even do it for you if you can dump the contents of your BIOS to a .rom/.bin file and upload it in the appropriate place...

EDIT: Please note though that flashing your BIOS is not for recommended for novice users. You run the risk, if done incorrectly, of "bricking" your motherboard, and thus your PC. It has happened before to users on this forum (and other forums, as it can happen to anyone if done improperly). If you "brick" your computer, you will most likely have to take your PC to a repair shop that is equipped with recovery tools to deal with that kind of situation. If you flash you BIOS, do your homework and make sure that you do everything correctly, the first time, so that you do not end up harming your PC.
    Not trying to scare you, or anyone for that matter, people just need to know the risks involved. If you have the correct files for your BIOS & motherboard, and you mod those files correctly, and flash your BIOS correctly, then you should have nothing to worry about. Just make sure you understand the directions and the process completely before attempting to flash your BIOS.

EDIT2: Did you look in any of the threads about SLIC 2.1 BIOS mods to see if anyone has the same PC as you, and has already gotten their BIOS modded successfully?

10. neowlchaz

neowlchaz MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Yeah I have looked, and everything sems to point to a no. I know that my laptop is running and old version of Phoenix BIOS, just having one hell of a time finding the original BIOS files online, what tools would you advise I use to make a dump of the original BIOS?

11. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #11 HotCarl, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    Good question. You should ask that question in the main General Discussion area. Start a new thread and ask, as you will probably get a more prompt response from someone who knows the answer.
    In the mean time, I can poke around on google and search the forum to see if I can find the answer to your question since I am curious now too. :)
    I have heard it talked about somewhere around these forums before, but I cannot remember where...

EDIT: When asking, tell people exactly what you are after, and provide as much information as possible about your computer... Like the manufacturer and model of your PC, the type and revision of your BIOS, etc. Stuff like that so people can just look at the information and go from there with out being bothered to ask you for more info. It just makes it easier and you are more likely to get a prompt response.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Try Dell website for you latest bios for your machine

13. neowlchaz

neowlchaz MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    My laptop isn't a Dell one, but I've heard that about 80% of the time Dell BIOS updates work universally, wont try anything just, yet, will need confirmation.