Just a quick question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ngai21, Oct 24, 2009.

1. ngai21

ngai21 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    So my HP laptop already has SLIC 2.1 from a modded bios. I was planning to do a clean install on my laptop to win7. My real question is since I'm gonna clean install, my oem info is gonna be whipped, can I use a loader to install HP oem info or will that mess up my activation, when I finally decide to install win 7, and bios?:confused: thnks to those who answer :D

2. libertard

libertard MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    DO NOT have a misconcept about loader

Hardly enough we can't figure out why's one loader work and other don't. 'Good' loader works just good like BIOS mod. For the safe side loader is recommended because flash your BIOS could kill your motherboard for good but not ruled out if you know how to

Many have used loader just fine since Vista even with SPs. I personally recommend 'NAPALUM' v 3.117 in this forum, then Daz, etc ;)

3. ngai21

ngai21 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I don't think I have any MISCONCEPTIONS about a loader

ok...thanks...I guess??? Well I'm pretty sure I can activate with any oem key, unless they get blacklisted, since my bios was modded already and i have the proper certificates and keys. And even so the bios update for my laptop released by HP has SLIC 2.1 in it so either way works. My question was since I'm planning a clean install, the oem info will get whipped. I know that the Hazar or Orbit loader can install OEM information(logo etc.), will this affect my future activation or mess up my laptop in anyway? thnks

4. libertard

libertard MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    OK, you're ready to go and let us know

Use what ever method available. They all have features you want

5. ngai21

ngai21 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Ok...thanks for answering but my question isn't about activation. My question is will using a loader to simply install oem information (logo, hotline #, etc.) affect my activation or computer negatively in anyway. That's my question.

6. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #7 twiz, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  7. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Of course not. As long as you only choose to install the OEM-Info its totally harmless.

And you dont even need to use a loader for this. Just copy your own info from your own machine (images/reg-entries) and apply it manually after you did your fresh install. Viola; everything like before...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. engage16

engage16 MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    using a loader to install the info is no issue... go ahead.... you have slic 2.1 in your bios which makes using the loader for activation obsolete..

9. ngai21

ngai21 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    #10 ngai21, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
    (OP)
    Thank you thepretender, Phazor & engage16

This is the information I have been looking for :D. And engage16 I only plan on using a loader for OEM info not activation, as I already know its obsolete, since I don't know of any programs that do it.

10. ngai21

ngai21 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I have an HP laptop and I was wondering where can I find on my computer the OEM information Like model number, processor,etc. From what I have researched these files(oemlogo.bmp and oeminfo.ini) are located in the system32 folder and some sources say its in the OOBE folder. I have looked in both and can't find these files. My oem logo though was located in the image folder of hewlet packard folder in program data. Any ideas where I can find the oem info. so I can restore it to my clean install win7? BTW my HP is running on Vista.