Just add the enclosed Autounattend.xml to the root of your Win7.iso? How?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kentuckynet, Feb 7, 2011.

1. kentuckynet

kentuckynet MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2011
    Hello i have power iso and i know how to open the windows 7 iso, my question is where once i open it is the root that im to put the autounattend?

Thank you

2. kentuckynet

kentuckynet MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2011
    Tis really is a great site with people who are willing to help...

Me for one i really appreciate it

Thanks again
    Kentucky

3. dakota42784

dakota42784 MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Glad to help :)

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You can also put Autounattend.xml file on a floppy disk or usb thumb drive and it will be read from there really handy for test purposes.

5. kentuckynet

kentuckynet MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2011
    #6 kentuckynet, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    (OP)
    problems with activation

Hello,

I downloaded my windows 7 ultimate from the link on this site
    I followed all the directions:
    I added,
    AIO-Win7-DVD-Activation-[incl.Daz_Loader]v2.08.7z
    and
    Autounattend.7z

With poweriso in the appropriate locations

Now i just loaded it on a dell xps m1330 laptop and it doesnt appear to be activated?
    When i click on activate windows it ask me for the serial as it did during the install?

What did i do wrong???????
    i have 30 days left............................

Thanks

6. dakota42784

dakota42784 MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    #7 dakota42784, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    Not sure exactly what you did, go over your steps. should be like this:

place the $oem$ folder in the "sources" folder of your iso, and delete the "ei.cfg" file from the same "sources" folder and rebuild iso .. then during install you will have option to choose the edition of win7 you want to install (ie. Starter | Basic | Home Premium | Pro | Ultimate) ... if you don't delete ei.cfg file, that's OK, just means Ultimate will install by default.

If you wish to add the optional Autounattend.xml, from the 3rd Download Link; then just add the Autounattend.xml file to the root of your Win7.iso, before rebuilding iso.
    Good Luck :D

Are you extracting the $oem$ folder from RAR file before placing in sources folder? When you open up the sources folder of your DVD, the $oem$ folder should be the first folder listed on top.

7. searchengine

searchengine Guest

the fact that you were asked for a serial during installation, is very strange, as serial is added by OOBE.cmd, which means no pop-up asking for serial; then if not activated ... SetupComplete.cmd would run "Daz's" Loader which would apply serial etc.

It would appear that the "$oem$" folder was not extracted from the download file, and added to "sources" folder of your .iso

Did you have any logo's or theme applied?

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ searchengine, I think you have got it in one:) member has downloaded archive but not extracted them i,e,

9. kentuckynet

kentuckynet MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2011
    I dont have a clue what this means, its not even a sentence?

searchengine, I think you have got it in one member has downloaded archive but not extracted them i,e

As for the the other reply no i dont have any dell logo info....

It showed up in the power iso just like the photos i was provided...guess i can go do the same thing again.....

Kentucky

10. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    he means you have to extract or "unzip" the 7z file then put the resulting files in the ISO
    no, you don't put the 7z file in the ISO... windows won't know what to do with them and will ignore them