Just another newbie, looking for advice. :)

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by dreamydreamy, Jan 7, 2020.

1. dreamydreamy

dreamydreamy MDL Junior Member

Dec 25, 2019
    #1 dreamydreamy, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Hey guys, im new on the forum. Been into computers all my life, but was taking a multi year break.

Upon my return into the computer hobby, ive been horrified to discover how windows is now infested with spyware, revisions to the operating system are forced on you (revisions that are downloaded when you sleep,) drivers for windows 7 are deliberately not released. You have no choice but to use windows 10, or go to extraordinary lengths to attempt to get windows 7 working.

Its like a nightmare to see what is happening in the computer world. :( Ive come to realize how evil and greedy microsoft is. :mad: Bill G and his company have zero respect for us... I was so happy to buy my first copy of windows 95 back in the day, and now the company i adored has become evil.

So i came here, in the hopes of getting windows 7 to run. So many of you succeeded in this, i hope to join in.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    First of all, calm down, you're the victim of some kind weird misinformation.
    And when You comes to using Windows 7, there are also no major issues. Use if you want, no hassle at all.
    Whining is not a solution. This is a sign of incapable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bill Gates is no longer involved with Microsoft as far as I'm aware... your anger over this should be directed more towards Satya Nadella, who is the current CEO of Microsoft. He's more or less responsible for all the crap that's happened since Windows 10 first showed its ugly face. And if you want to use 7 for much longer like the majority of us, just go here.

Anyways, welcome.

4. dreamydreamy

Dec 25, 2019
    Wierd misinformation? I think youve just slowly become accustomed to it all. Ive basically been away and upon returning the difference is clearly visible. We are loosing control of our pc's. Im not sure what you mean by using windows 7 is no hassle, you have to jump thru about 20 hoops just to get it installed on new hardware, on top of that microsoft is cutting off security updates, despite there being a demand for windows 7.

I know technically bill gates is no longer in control of the company, but im sure he has considerable influence, he could have pushed against all this. Thanks for the link, thats actually the thread that attracted me to this forum :D Some of these people here are doing incredible work. :)

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You seem to have really been somewhere very long and far away.
    Try to get used to it, now, in the 21st century, most people do not know what is DVD and what is XP.
    On our days the X have been replaced with 10 and P have been replaced with Pro and nobody don't use DVD for installing no more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. dreamydreamy

Dec 25, 2019
    #7 dreamydreamy, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    (OP)
    Thank you :)

Common man, i have no problem with advancing technology, infact i love it. The problem i have is the increasing loss of control over your pc.
    Or is loss of control the hip new thing? Like if i wana be cool i should just put telemetry to the max and put updates on full auto haha :) jk jk

Seriously though, this is my problem, do you control your pc or does microsoft?

8. Microsoft pretty much owns you the moment you have automatic updates enabled by default, along with telemetry. I think it's only a major problem with 10, not so much 7 and 8.1.