Just Can't Get It Done OEM Activation!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by weberman, Jun 12, 2010.

1. weberman

weberman MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2010
    #1 weberman, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
    I have been reading and searching, more reading until I have BLOOD shooting out of my eyes. I am running Windows Ultimate 32 with a Gigabye MOBO that had been activated and passed the genuine test.

Then I had to install a new MOBO and I started getting Windows Not Genuine or Activated as a result of the MOBO change. I used MOBO with a similar chipset so the new MOBO booted up and installed all the newest drivers.

At that point I started getting Not Genuine and Needs to be Activated messages. So, a while back I installed the Chew activation loader crack. This activated Windows Ultimate but I kept getting Not Genuine messages.

I have requested and installed a Bios mode from the Bios Mod forum. I have a modded Dell SLIC 2.1 bios installed in my MOBO. It came with a certificate but I seem to be getting mixed information as to how to install the that Dell certificate. So I used OPA to install a Dell certificate which it said was completed successfully. However, I am unable to find where the certificate was installed.

I still get Not genuine message, so I guess the OEM installation is not correct.

I ran Windows 7 Loader eXtreme v3 and it showed CHEW-WGA&RemoveWAT - related system changes detected! It was suggested that I uninstall Chew so I hunted down a way to remove CHEW. Turns out the only way was to use the REVERT function which was only available in version 0.8 and Anemeros (Chew) said not to use it as there were some problems with it in some cases. But, I ran it anyway and it said that CHEW was successfully removed. I again ran Windows 7 Loader eXtreme v3 and it still showed CHEW-WGA&RemoveWAT - related system changes detected!

So, here I sit dumbfounded. I don't (if I can get around it) want to do a reinstall of Windows as I have so much installed and it would be a pain to rebuild. :(

I have a SLIC 2.1 Dell bios installed.
    I used OPA to install a certificate.
    Windows Ultimate 32 still shows as activated.
    Chew was installed and said to be uninstalled.
    I still get Windows not Genuine messages.
    Installation will not pass MS WGA check.

There is so much information in these forums that it almost overwhelming. Some of it is outdated though and links are dead.

I was hoping some one of the Guru's here could point me in the right direction. :) I keep a current system image of my installation. So, if I try something and it crashes, I reinstall the image and start over.

Any HELP would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty knowledgeable in computers and have tried my best to do this on my own. However, I must admit defeat in getting this OEM procedure to work. :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. My gray matter is totally warped. o_O

2. bogstandard

bogstandard MDL Member

Apr 16, 2009
    As you appear to have 4xed your install with Chew etc left overs perhaps giving the Daz loader would be worth a go? It is to be assumed that you have checked your slic 2.1 bios as showing kosher?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Mixing up loaders doing this and that. You are most likely borked. Not the answer you want to hear. I know. Plus you made a major hardware change with the mobo. I would do a clean install personally. But wait for the experts and see what they have to say.

4. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    Yes, installed bios checks good for SLIC 2.1. Installed modded Dell bios installed is good.

5. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    #5 weberman, Jun 12, 2010
    (OP)
    I did not use more than one loader. I used only the Chew loader and reverted the Chew loader changes with Chew Ver 0.8. I only ran the other loader to see what was reported and that is where it was reported my Windows was activated and that Chew was still detected, but made no other changes. I was thinking of doing a boot file repair with the Windows installation disk. Any thoughts on that?

6. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    #6 weberman, Jun 12, 2010
    (OP)
    Latest: I used Loader 7 eXtreme to uninstall the modded boot loader and reinstall the original Windows Boot Loader. Rebooted and got hung at Loading Operating System.

Repaired the MBR and booted into Windows O.K.

Reran Loader 7 eXtreme to see status of Windows. Shows Windows still activated by Chew-WGA.

With all due respect to Chew07, the program is like a cancer. Once installed you can't get rid of it. Even the Revert function in 0.8 didn't work. It activated my Windows, but it is still Not Genuine.

At this time, I will wait for any further advice. Hopefully someone of the Big Gurus will respond with some help before I finally give up and reinstall Windows. But at that point I will have to figure out how to modify the installation CD so that it will install the OEM activation. I remember reading about it somewhere on the forum.

7. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #7 NoJuan999, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Just like when you change to many Devices, on any version of Windows - this goes way back in time.... 1.) removed the Original Crack you used. 2.) remove all the other STUPID ASS cracks you installed.
    3. Reboot and remove until you have a Genuine Install with NO CRACKS or PATCHES what so ever installed. actually when you get there you will have 2 hours to activate.
    4. DAZ activator has major problems....
    5. Chew 0.9 has major problems.... so until you can get back to Genuine Install and NOT patches, cracks installed NONE, NADA, GET BACK TO ORIGINAL.
    6. you can run SLIC-dump and verify that you have a GOOD MODIFIED BIOS it should on Advanced tab show that you have a SLIC 2.1.....
    If you have a SLIC 2.1 then you DO NOT NEED A LOADER TO ACTIVATE.
    7. When you are Genuine again... open CMD (as Admin) slmgr.vbs -ilc (place your certificate info here.) sample: c:\cert\ACRSYSACRPRDCT_2.1.xmr-ms wait for popup to say installed.
    8. slmgr.vbs -ipk (key goes here). wait for popup to say Key installed.
    If your Genuine and SLIC 2.1 and proper certificate and proper key.... reboot and VIOLA not friggen cracks, or patches just 100% Activated.

9. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    Snuffy

Thanks for the great advice and I admit to using STUPID ASS cracks and feel like a stupid ass myself about now but there is so many suggestions scattered about in these forums that "How do you know which one to follow and which one is good or bad".

Trying to get back to original:

I think I have found a problem. The PID checker shows Bad Number. I guess I had an OEM PID without knowing it. It is 00426-OEM-8992662-00400. So when I installed the modded Bios (Dell with Certificate) it created a problem (PID conflict). The bios has a good Dell SLIC 2.1.

I followed NoJuan999s above instructions. I made some progress but ran into some problems. I have eliminated and repaired a lot of files. My Windows is now NOT Activated. I get a System fles repair needed error on booting, but still boot into Windows OK.

When I follow the instuctions in 6 H and Press R, nothings, windows boots. When I press C, I go to the F8 startup menu.

CODE
    In the Bootrec.exe /FixBoot I get an error message something like no recocognized files

I restored the original tokens as outlined in 6 I with no problem.

When I try to run sfc /scannow I get a message "There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run SFC again".

No matter how many times I reboot I still get this message.

I think I need somehow to delete the bootloader and replace it with an original as remnants of CHEW are still there.

Or have I toasted this installation to the point of no return. I will need to download Windows 7 Ultimate, as the copy I have is apparently a cracked OEM version.

Thanks again

10. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    If the iso of 7 Ultimate is a cracked OEM one it is still likely to be able to do a clean install - assuming no malware - by removing the OEM folders and the scripts from the iso using an ISO tool like UltraIso.

Try it - it worked with the first BIE ISOs - did a simple install with out any "extras".

I think you know you're at the re-install stage.

11. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    #11 weberman, Jun 13, 2010
    (OP)
    $oem$

Roscoe

I guess I have a BIE ISO window installation disk and didn't know it.

On the installation DVD in the Sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Scripts\ folder there are three files named BIE7_Inst.exe, BIE7uninst.exe and setupcomplete.cmd.

It looks like these are a script activation as the setupcomplete.cmd file contains the following:
    @echo off
    %systemroot%\setup\scripts\bie7_inst.exe

What does the BIE7uninst.exe file do. Should I run it, as I don't think I can screw it up any more than it is. :(

I have no problem extracting an ISO image and deleting the $OEM$ folder.

Is there something I should add to the new ISO before I burn it to reflect my current Dell SLIC 2.1 Bios and certificate? Does the certificate need to be on the install disk?

Thanks for the input. :)

12. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I think you will find the only time it has "major" problems is when the user has installed multiple other solutions aka it's not the loaders problem. In fact the loader refuses to install if it detects some of the known conflicts and with over 5 million people using just 1 application I would say the complaints I get are very few and are often resolved when reported.

It would be fair to say that a user has to stick with just one solution. Mixing them is bad for every other solution be that BIOS modding, GRUB loaders or driver loaders.

13. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Mixing hacks for a Operating system is never a good idea...
    Most of the time it will just screw stuff up beyond repair...
    And then your talkin Re-installing a Operating system which is a pain...

@daz perhaps forcing a uninstall of all known hacks before the loader is installed will help...

14. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    #14 weberman, Jun 13, 2010
    (OP)
    I didn't intentionally mix loader hacks as I know that would obviously be a problem . I have been running the installed version since the RTM came out. And It hade a BIE hack in it which I was unaware of. I Know of several installation that are still runing today with the BIE. I installed CHEW after a MOBO change when I got the Windows Needs to be Activated message. I found Chew here on these forums. Well Chew activated it, but still had the Not Genuine problem.

Well now, I see I have an OEM install with BIE. Can I delete the BIE7 files in the Sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Scripts\ folder to make it a clean install? Did the Installation Key come from inside the BIE files? Or is there a key somewhere else on the install DVD?

Now that I have an Installed Dell SLIC 2.1 bios installed and have a Dell Certificate, both provided by NoJuan999. I asked but did not get an answer on how to install the Certificate so i searched around on these boards and found OPA and used OPA to install a Dell certificate.

Well, I am at the point where I have a bad PID. Results say bad number.

So, before I try to reinstall I need some advice. Can I modify the OEM install disk that I have? Can I put my Dell OEM info on the install disk? I don't know if I have an untouched version of Ultimate laying around, but I will start to look. I don't at this time have access to a download link for a clean 7 ultimate.

I will reinstall if that it appears I have exhausted my chance at fixing the current install. I was wondering if deleting the current loader files and deleting them would?

But, my last problem seems to be the bad PID which needs to be changed if possible.

Thanks to all you guys for helping me learn. I hope that someone has the time to walk me through this.

P.S. The search feature on the forums does not make it easy to find some particular info.Believe me, I have tried. If it did I would not be asking for so much help now. I have always tried to do things on my own. But then I believe, the only STUPID question, is the one you don't ask.

Thanks Again

Web

15. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    Found part of the answer i a post by Searhengine:

AIO-Win7-DVD-Activation-[2.1bios-only].7z

Progress.

16. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #16 NoJuan999, Jun 13, 2010
    Read this to remove the BIE Loader:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/8632-Program-based-Windows-7-loader?p=121013#post121013

Or you can look on the BIE ISO and run the Uninstall.cmd from the BIE (or similarly named) Folder.

I see that as the Responsibity of The Person who is Installing the OS, NOT Daz's Responsibilty.

17. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Exactly!

Daz is just providing us with great tool for activating windows, thats all.. The rest us up the user, s**t behind the wheels aka keyboard..

18. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Yea pretty much if you screw up windows with all the hacks/loaders your trying to make it activate thats your own fault...
    So only put one hack on there at a time to make life a tiny bit easier...

19. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    When I ran BIE uninst.exe I get the message BIE Path Not Found!

So it looks like BIE is no more.

I am trying to reinstall windows. I used MagicISO to extract an ISO image from my BIE installation DVD. I deleted the $OEM$ folder and replaced it with the one by Searchengine in the above post #15 and burned a new installation DVD.

When I try to boot from the new DVD it will not boot but recycles back to to a new boot up. It apparently is not reading the boot files on the new DVD for some reason. :(

I am at a loss, at this point, as to how to reinstall Windows. I don't know what I am doing wrong in trying to edit the original install DVD. I need to get rid of the $OEM$ that contains the BIE crack before I do a new install.

Thanks for all the help, but I am now at a total stand still as I can't even reinstall Windows for some reason. Human error I am sure! :confused:

P.S. I had to kill the live link above as it would not me post with it yet.

Frustration Factor now at Max! :(

20. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #20 Rosco, Jun 13, 2010
    The first 7 RTM I could find was a BIE release wlth a named creator of Faxcool - it had an OEM folder and a script in the root folder. I simply removed these and it installed perfectly - some months later I found an original download.

I didn't add anything to the ISO after removal of the activating script and OEM folder.

Once installed it is easy to use the command line to install the key and cert.

OR - simply install and then delete the loader, reset the key back to the default trial key and then use Daz's loader - which may even do all that for you.