Just for me or the built-in Mail app is still full of bugs ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by wines, Sep 1, 2015.

1. wines

wines MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2011
    Seriously, one month after RTM and I still can't add Gmail account directly, by selecting it from the account list shows the same error message since 2 months.
    BUT, even if I add as a POP/IMAP account the app can't sync properly sends the email two or 3 times etc.
    I'm starting to think they intentionally don't want to fix this or they just simply don't care...

2. ilusi0n

ilusi0n MDL Junior Member

Nov 18, 2013
    It has bugs

3. tonyh2004

tonyh2004 MDL Member

Aug 2, 2011
    wont sync mail at all for me, works once when I do a new build
    then all mail is there then wont sync again, its totally not a good app needs work is the understatement of the decade
    needs a total recode

4. jhector

jhector MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2012
    Gmail IMAP works fine here - try disabling 2-step verification at the Gmail website if you have it enabled, or generate app-specific password.

5. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Why use crappy apps on anything but a phone? Use a real program.

6. Eurisoph

Eurisoph MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2015
    The app has a great deal of potential...if only they could get it to function as intended. Behavior is extremely erratic: for brief periods it syncs perfectly, accompanied by notifications; for the most part it has to be manually synced...a tedious and frustrating process

7. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    tried groove music and it would play sometimes or I would have to right click and choose play to make it play,
    I believe the apps need more work they're in their infancy

8. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Addicted

Nov 7, 2011
    you have to configure sync settings, just enter in Mail app options -> Accounts and check the sync settings there.

9. drnoellyg

drnoellyg MDL Member

Nov 25, 2011
    This. I didn't know this was the reason until I tried to add my friend's Gmail account and couldn't. After reading other stories I found the solution.
    But yeah, the Mail app is still somewhat buggy, but still useful. I wish I had an universal inbox, but I guess that's not to be at the moment.

10. tonyh2004

tonyh2004 MDL Member

Aug 2, 2011
    first thing I did still no sync no matter what I do

11. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    It was a heap in 8, it was a heap in 8.1 and it's still a heap in 10

There is a reason they are called crApps ;)

12. myabc

myabc MDL Member

Apr 19, 2014
    for that user who says that gmail works fine, a question: if i have a multiple email address connected to a single account gmail, and want send email from an address not gmail, can i chose in every way the senders email??????? from gmail i can!!!! i hope an answer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. wines

wines MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2011
    #13 wines, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    (OP)
    My issue has nothing to do with 2step verification.
    First of all I can't even start to add the Gmail account if I select "Google" from the list, I get 0x8007042b as an error message:

dcee6f89-c846-4158-9e9a-009b51e04aae.jpg

I added as an IMAP account with an application-specific password, but If I receive an email and read it still does not sync with the server automatically and shows in the browser as an unread email. When I press the sync it works. My sync setting is set to "when items arrive" just like it was with 8/8.1
    These features worked fine with the 8.1 mail app, actually I was abble to add an account even with the 2-step verification enabled.
    The new mail app has so much potential, it's a shame bugs like these make it unusable.

14. M&J

M&J MDL Junior Member

Nov 30, 2012

App that came since Windows 8 is still in their infancy? Or is Microsoft very busy working on ways to track us and get our data

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. jhector

jhector MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2012

I haven't tried it with multiple alias accounts, but a quick search indicates that, unlike the Win 8.1 mail app, selecting the
    sending account in the composition window isn't possible at the moment in Win 10. Of course, choosing the sending account or identity is possible with a client like Thunderbird, which works fine in 10.