just switched from windows phone to android

Discussion in 'Android' started by RanCorX2, Jun 2, 2018.

1. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    so much better, i managed to find a zenphone 2 with intel atom, 32gb, 4gb on ebay for less than 100 quid,
    finding myself playing with my phone more, now that i can actually browse the web without the browser (edge) closing at random as well as the other crappy browsers off the ms store, no more slowwww startup, way more useful apps on the play store and the android os just seems more feature complete than windows mobile 8/10....

already put firefox mobile on it + ublock, vlc and some other stuff, it's like having a tiny pc :)
    best of all it was unlocked!

i nearlly got a lumia 950 xl but someone at hermes stole it while it was on the way to me so i had to find sometihng else, don't think i'll be going back to the windows mobile again!

my lumia is now in the drawer collecting dust.

2. fabre gastro

fabre gastro MDL Junior Member

May 29, 2018
    congrats and good luck.
    and lumia, if i remember correctly if you can unlock the boot loader using some secure boot hack, you can install android. i am not sure though. some folks at xda were posting on how to unlock the bootloader.
    besides MS laid to rest windows phone finally, so good choice!
    but if its eating dust why not try to play with it, see if you can unlock the bootloader aka secureboot and then install android rom..... may be.. ummmm

3. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    You can still download Microsoft Edge browser from the Google Play Store. Despite being a 'beta' software it runs flawless and I am rocking it on my Android smartphones along with Google Chrome.