Just want to share how I made my Windows 8 Pro Wmc working

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Padpadak, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Padpadak

Padpadak MDL Member

Feb 11, 2010
    #1 Padpadak, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  2. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I bought the $14.99 deal and all is fine. I then got the free key for WMC so now I have 2 serials.The original and the one for WMC. Next time I reformat and don't want the WMC should I use my original serial I got or does the WMC now replace that one for anything I do now and original is dead? Thanks.

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    If you install Win 8 Pro (guess it´s what you bought through upgrade offer) you need to install with your upgrade key. It won´t get lost this way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. fs2com

fs2com MDL Member

Oct 14, 2009
    So what you mean with the "slui 3" is you using 2 different free email key on the same system?
    is it just like you wasting the key? because you can't use that key again on other system right?

And when you mean activation after 31 Jan are you using new unactivated key or key that you already activated from the first one (before 31 jan). Because its looks like you only forward the date and restore the activation using ATM.
    If you only restoring the activation from ATM it doesn't matter what date you'll gonna re-install your system.

5. kelorgo

kelorgo MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2012
    @Padpadak:
    There is no point in activating multiple different keys on the same computer. They all get tied to that one computer, and you will not be able to use them on another one. A WMC upgrade key can activate only a single computer. The WMC upgrade licence is not transferable to another computer (it's in the small print), so the online activation system does not activate the key on another computer.

Also, there is no such thing as a reactivation limit of 10, as long as you are reactivating the same computer that the key was originally activated on. Many users reported reactivating more than 10 times on the same computer.

In short: one WMC upgrade key works on one computer only, and can reactivate that computer (probably) unlimited number of times.

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Yep, ambidav tested this more than 20 times with his unattended WMC-ISO.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. digitalcuriosity

digitalcuriosity MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2012
    How about your old programs you had to re-install, did they all make the install?

8. Padpadak

Padpadak MDL Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Thanks for the comment, we all learn from this.
    I did the slui 3 command for just in case.now I have 2 activated keys on the same laptop for when I want to make after Januari @013 an dual boot system.

For me was not clear If you can use the Token manager Backup from one activated windows 8 to make a dual boot, thats why I made 2 keys one the same system.

9. Padpadak

Padpadak MDL Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Answer on you questions

I made "slui 3"' for just in case I want to make a dual boot with 2 times windows 8.
    That is true you can not use 2 second key on another Pc.

When I want activate after 31 Jan,I use the Token Manager backup for that pc, a unactivated free key will not work after 31 Jan.

When you want to restore the activation after 31 Jan it does not matter what date you gonna restore.

10. Padpadak

Padpadak MDL Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Do you think when you have activated a free WMC key before 31 Jan 2013.

And you want to reactivate it on a fresh instal with Token Manager, after Jan 2013, the re-activation is still unlimmited ?
    I readed some were on the forum that is was limmited to 10 ???

11. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Seems to be a rumour :D.

12. dannlat

dannlat MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    can you upgrade with this version also or just clean install?