Kaspersky IS 2015 completely uninstall

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by BabySitter, Aug 28, 2014.

1. BabySitter

BabySitter MDL Junior Member

Jan 26, 2014
    #1 BabySitter, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    I have KIS 2015 installed on computer and I found a way to manually reset its trail from the Regedit.exe HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE >Wow > Kasperskylab > AVP > environment. and edit the PCID Value data with a random numbers and letters i tried this but it didn't work at all but

this is not the most important thing i forgot to exit the Kaspersky program before i edit in its registry.

Now I'm not an expert in registry issues I just want to know if every thing is alright or there is a something wrong with anything ?
    After this i tried the reset tool and its success resetting trial period ( just for informing u )

I think now i have to completely remove Kaspersky from my computer and replace it with a free antivirus so what is the best way to completely

uninstall KIS 2015 ? is the normal way will be effective ? and what about the trial reset tool is the computer will need any clean after using it ?

And after uninstalling KIS which free protection choice should i have (a Complete antivirus and Internet security software/s) ?

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    kavremover can uninstall KIS2015 poperly and can be downloaded on their site.
    For my side I use Eset Smart Security.

3. hpwamr

hpwamr MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2013
  4. sunilk

sunilk MDL Member

May 15, 2014
    you can use revo uninstaller or ccleaner but Kav Remover is the best choice.

5. prijatelj.v

prijatelj.v MDL Novice

May 9, 2013
    Revo (advanced uninstall) + CCleaner - restart - again CCleaner + ATF Cleaner...(and may + TuneUp) : best combination for a thorough uninstallation and clean up any "problematic programs" : Adobe,Kaspersky,Nero,Eset ...etc.
    Revo also be used to install this app...
    Now,if you've already done a simple "Add-Remove" uninstall,you will hardly any program (and Revo) to find and clean up residual traces of folders,registry etc. but all of this mostly has to be manually finding and deleting,regards...