KB971033 To install or not to install?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by harrismail, Jun 1, 2010.

1. harrismail

harrismail MDL Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I activated Win 7 Ultimate x86 no problem a while ago with Daz's Windows Loader 1.7.2 and it is running AOK.
    Apologies if this has already been asked but does it matter if Windows Update KB971033 is installed or not?
    Is it just better to leave it out given a choice?

2. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    install all updates.. except this.. and then turn off windows updates..that's what i did..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. .Matt.

.Matt. MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2010
    If you have the choice I'd leave it out, as it could cause you some problems. As far as I know it's an optional update so you can just not install it, hide it and update the rest of Windows safely.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bradavon

bradavon MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2010
    #4 bradavon, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
    I'm running legit Windows 7 (one of the few legit software I am running :D) and still opted not to install this Hotfix. It has zero benefits for end-users (legit or otherwise) and tells you in it's description, it's intentions. I always set Windows Update to Notify me of Updates but don't Download or Install anything.

Correct. It even states in the description it's there to stop piracy etc...

If you happen to install Windows 7 bootleg and it has Malware inside it, your Anti-malware software will quickly tell you anyway. That's it's job after all.

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yea dude just hide that update and use WU like normal. I know Daz's loader does pass WAT. I would update the loader to 1.8 though just because. Just download 1.8 and install it over 1.7.3 and that's it dude. Daz really enhanced the loader a lot with 1.8

6. xiezhoupeng351_

xiezhoupeng351_ MDL Junior Member

Jun 2, 2010
    KB971033 can recognize a couple of frauds for Win7. In case there's some problem happen, do not install it. I have already had to recover my system due to this patch.

7. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I think anyone using a loader should uninstall it. It is supposed to be updating its known list of patches and nuking them and it has already nuked a couple of loaders - and that is something M$ never did with Vista despite their tough talk.

Why make it easier for them ?