keep getting this error :S

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by killercat, Aug 3, 2010.

1. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    i keep getting this error..when im trying to restart or shut down
    what do i do :confused:
    Capture.JPG

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    #2 Calistoga, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
    I'm having it too, on every single computer I've installed Windows 7 actually.

I think it's just Windows with a great desire to keep us informed that it is actually doing something when the shutdown takes some time ;)

*doing something = shutting down system services etc.

3. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    i wasn't getting it until i reinstalled windows 2 days back

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. shadowstep

shadowstep MDL Member

May 2, 2010
    #5 shadowstep, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
    Even I have been getting this ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows Vista.

EDIT: I just realized I get this only occasionally, not everytime. :D

5. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    lol :D man this sucks

6. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    clean install solved the problem for me..don't know what caused it though..maybe my printer dido_O

7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Guys, it is normal, it is the time that windows is shutting down the services. I get it occasionally(Not everytime) and even got it when I had Vista but it usually dismisses like 1-2 seconds after it appears for me. I have the waittokillservice timeout lowered though. IDK what it is cause it was SpeedUpMyPc 2010 that changed it lol

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes i don't know why you peeps think it is an error it tells you exactly what it is doing i,e waiting for background programs to finish, if the system shuts down to quickly you could end up with corrupt files e.c.t.

9. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    This is very normal......if you don't like it, I suggest you close all your running applications manually......then try restarting.....it seems that one of your running applications is causing trouble by not shutting down immediately which is Windows 7 is displaying that message.....

10. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
  11. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    @sam3971 & urie
    Well I never said it was an error, I was merely trying to describe the reason it is there ;)

You are of course completely right, it is indeed not an error and absolutely normal. If it wasn't there in the first place, there is a chance that we might end up staring at the desktop not understanding why the system does not shut down immediately. I think it's a nice addition to the OS. All the components of the system is there for a reason ;)

12. rja311

rja311 MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2010
    I'm also experiencing this error specially when aero themes in on, but when I'm using windows 7 basic theme the error does not appear. its a clean install window 7 ultimate from vista home premiun dv6000

13. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    :Dthis problem could be due to many reasons..don;t really know. I've got a few custom themes installed,tried different start orbs..different computers could be having it for different reasons:swoon:

14. rja311

rja311 MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2010
    Is there anybody who have a hp dv6000 amd 64 experiencing this kind of problem? I've red in other forum that there is some issues regarding the graphic card(nvidia geforce go 6150) which is not compatible with window 7? Hp din not release an update for window 7 and in nvidia website I cant find any update for window 7.

15. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I know dude. I was not meaning it to be like such as well. I was just trying to describe what it is and that it is nothing to worry about lol. Urie did the same thing.

16. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    This happened with me too but I feel that Windows does good as it wants all program to close successfully. Next time you'll have not issues on task bar that this program is crash, this program stop responding etc....

Forcing a program to close may harm it and damage it I reckin. So wait while Windows itself own don't close it. That's a great feature of Windows 7 too.

I saw this problem many day but now it's disapear. Try to clean raw files and cookies etc from PC regularly. I hope this issue will be solved.

17. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    #18 DARKOR04, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    Thats not an error. It's just windows 7 telling you what is it doing, thats all - (W7 "Hey killercat... Please Wait I'm trying to close a hang app don't worry") lol... You can wait for program to shut down, follow Yurbuh Tuggly tip or click on force shut down no recommended, but if you're in a hurry so click it....

18. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010

heehee :D thx