Keep the full name of a local account

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by balubeto, May 14, 2013.

1. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
    Hi

Using Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit, I have noticed that the full name of a local account (set with the net users "<username>" /fullname:"<full name>" command) is deleted whenever I switch from a Microsoft account to the local account associated with it.

So, how do I have to prevent this?

Thanks

Bye

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I guess that would be possible only if you use for the local account the same name as for the MS Account! Means, you've to use the same e-mail address as for the local account as for the MS account, which may would need a slightly difference in writing/spelling.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
    This is obvious because you have the same names on both accounts.

When, however, the user's full names are different, clearly you notice this annoying problem and I do not know if there is any registry entry to resolve this.

Thanks

Bye

4. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
    #4 balubeto, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Username and Full Name are 2 different things! You've to "play" with those!

And sorry, I don't want to jump forums for to "play" around!