keeping the same windows 7 ultimate 64-bit version on my comp

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kenkhadi, Apr 26, 2010.

1. kenkhadi

kenkhadi MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2010
    hi all. hope you can help me with this issue.
    i'm in notification mode,can't use updates,keep getting annoying messages,can't even keep a wallpaper on my desktop.
    Running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit,with tons of stuff on it (various games and more...).i don't won't to do a clean install,can i remove my loader's traces and use a newer loader?
    loader originally used was windows 7 loader v1.7.7
    how can i obtain a valid key? let's say i have a valid key,if i just enter the numbers and letters would everything magically be solved?(i doubt that!).
    thanks a bunch.

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kubato

kubato MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #3 kubato, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
    Yes, look down the Windows 7 threads for "Program based Windows 7 loader" by Daz. Find one of his post and at the bottom see the windows 7 based beta loader. It is ver. 1.8 and will work fine. There are other post that are much more in tune than me about the steps but, run the beta, pick unload loader then restart. When restart start PC ignore the nags and get the PC started, run the new loader that you downed v1.8 beta and pick Install wait until you get the completed message and restart. On restart it will ask for online activation or some online genuine check, pick yes to activate online. It will say activated but, you will still have a black background, just change your background or theme in control panel. Reboot just to check as it should be working fine now.....
    Keep an eye on the Windows 7 based loader so you can get the final release as the beta is just a temp. fix. Good Luck.

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    If you run the loader then it should not ask you to "Activate Online" because the loader activates offline using the Slp/OEM method. There has never been a required internet connection for this particular activation method dude. Just saying.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kenkhadi

kenkhadi MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2010
    :) ..it worked..thank a lot.
    i could'nt run command slgmr.vbs -rearm ,but i simply installed the new loader and rebooted then validated it at microsoft site.
    thanks again.

6. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Just curious about "i could'nt run command slgmr.vbs -rearm " - did you start the command prompt by right clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator" or simply run it as your username by just left clicking it ?

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    slgmr.vbs -rearm and slmgr /rearm are the same right?

I mean I tested it but it does anything else other then the slmgr /rearm does?

8. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Its all exactly the same...whether you use / or - or with or without .vbs doesnt matter at all...

9. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Like he said - the .vbs is just a habit I've gotten into - automatic since the Vista days.