Key Combination for BIOS recovery???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by namchik, Aug 18, 2009.

1. namchik

namchik MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007
    Hi, I flashed modified BIOS with SLIC 2.1 and now my laptop doesn't boot.
    I created CRISDISK on a floppy and tried "Fn + B" and "Win + B", but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know the right keyboard combination for Samsung R60Plus laptops ?

2. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Try checking the manufactor's website.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Freewaygr

Freewaygr MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    go to a workshop or vendor they can rapair this :)

4. nfshp253

nfshp253 MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Try Ctrl+Home

5. namchik

namchik MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007
    No...
    Fn+F, Fn+Esc don't work neither

Am I the first to brick Samsung R60 notebook ?? :(

6. namchik

namchik MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007
    a couple of minutes ago i received an answer from sasmsung support forum that there's no such keyboard combination on samsung notebooks :(
    they told me to go to service center...
    i'm really disappointed:(((

7. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Sorry man, unless your bios has some feature like asus ez flash or something like that, you broke it. Take it to the shop

8. str8

str8 MDL Expert

Jul 3, 2009
    Hey there is one more combination i read about - hold down all four (4) arrows (left right up down).

9. amdworldx

amdworldx MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    here is a lesson to all who wants flash there bios with modified strings .bottom line is dont do it for the sake of getting a free use of W7 perhaps a poll of error rate versus success rate should done .

sorry to hear of another failed flash...

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I've to second that!

In case you try to flash a BIOS with an unsupported file (all of the modded BIOS's are NOT supported!) it's on own risk and no one else is responsible as you only.

I had brick 2 MB's with modded BIOS's and I don't blame the Modder, I blame myself! Period!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. str8

str8 MDL Expert

Jul 3, 2009
    #11 str8, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  12. namchik

namchik MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007
    Thanks to all he guys who tried to help me, but the story seems to come to an end :(
    I went to samsung technical center and was really shocked by their answer: "Motherboard replacement needed. Cost - $ 230". And no, they do not replace the BIOS chip or program the BIOS somehow :( Only replace the whole motherboard.
    Yeah, I knew I took the risk flashing the BIOS, but I did not realize it would be so expensive to recover ((((

13. luminous

luminous MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    Basically they are taking the mick. They can change stuff if they want, they just want to charge you the most amount of $$$ they can.

You can hotflash your BIOS to recover it, but I don't know the exact procedure for your notebook. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, it basically means doing the following:-
    1) remove the BIOS chip from your laptop
    2) find another motherboard that is compatible with that chip, normally just a board that uses the same make of BIOS
    3) boot the other machine using its BIOS
    4) with the other machine on (this bit is scary), you pull its BIOS chip out with the power still on (it can be helpful to remove and refit to chip before you turn it on just to make sure its not too tight)
    5) fit your dead BIOS chip to the working other machine (power still on)
    6) force flash your laptop BIOS in the other machine (power still on)
    7) turn off, refit all BIOS chips to the correct motherboards, reboot and pray

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  15. pingu

pingu Guest

#15 pingu, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
  16. namchik

namchik MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2007
    I have the samsung recovery DVD but it doesn't help.
    Crisdisk doesn't help too.

I'm from Russia, so transportation cost to UK or US will be very high :(
    I visited another, non-authorised by Samsung service and they also said that only motherboard replacement can solve the problem because they can not program existing BIOS chip as it does not fit into their programming device :(

17. MasterUMC

MasterUMC MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    #18 MasterUMC, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
    BIOS repair

Namchick, contact bios repair services they do embedded BIOS repair / recovery. I used them a few months ago, top notch service.

Reign_Of_Freedom, "badbiosflash" does not do embedded BIOS repair. I found that out the hard way.

18. P.J

P.J MDL ☂

Jul 30, 2009
    $230 :eek:
    Don't buy Samsung anymore.

19. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Do you know how involved it is to replace a motherboard in a laptop? $230 is cheap when you take into account the cost of the motherboard and the labor. Question for the original poster, is there anything on that hard drive that should be deleted before sending it back to the shop? May want to slic it.