Key windows media center in case of reusable formatting windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by alessiomagliozzi, Oct 28, 2012.

1. alessiomagliozzi

alessiomagliozzi MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Hi, sorry for my english I wanted to ask you one thing: this morning I bought the upgrade to Windows 8 from previous Windows 7 OEM that I had with my PC. Yesterday I reformatted to four times to see if the associated product key was successfully activated and so. At the same time I enrolled in the promotion for the Windows Media Center and after ten hours I received the product key to my mail box. I installed the product key and all right. My question is "It 'can be reused on the same computer code WMediaCenter sent in promotion if REINSTALLATION Operating System"? Why on many forums it is said that once activated is no longer 'valid. In waiting for your prompt response, I send you my most cordial greetings.

2. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Yes you can reuse your windows media center key again, I did it when reinstalling windows 8 on my media center.

3. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    And if you can no longer activate it online (sometimes the limit is 10) you can probably still activate it by phone

4. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    i have installed with the same wmc key upto 5 times now!! on the same pc and still activated everytime no problem :)

5. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    #5 Josh Cell, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...