Keyboard and on-screen keyboard not functioning in browsers

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by tagsmin, Jul 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. tagsmin

tagsmin MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2014
    Hi Friends

I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 R N 5010 Laptop with Windows 8.1 installed. I am having the following issues with it

1. Keys do not work in Any of the Internet Browsers. Even the on-screen keyboard does not help.

2. Every time I double click a file, A pop-up "Do you want xyz to make changes to the computer ?" is welcoming me!

3, I click on any of the icons in the task-bar and a new window is opening. For example, If I click on the firefox icon pinned at the bottom, Every instance I click it, a new window is opening

4. I am not able to open a folder by double click. I can only open it by right click and then Open

5. None of the keys and keyboard shorcuts seem to work. But that is not the problem with keyboard because, I am able to type words in Wordpad and Notepad

I formatted my Windows 8 twice and still these problems are there.
    Even if I restart it, things work fine for 5 min and then the problem would be back.

Can you please suggest me a solution / fix for this ? Please, that would be of great help. This is eating up the whole of my time.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    where is this 8.1 from?
    Can be a driver issue (most likely)
    Can be hardware problem
    Can be a bios problem
    ... and can be the weather ... lol :D