keyboard delay...

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ThomasMann, Aug 8, 2018.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I just got a Fujitsu Lifebook, Win 7 Pro SP1, i5, SSD and there is an unusally noticable delay between typing and appearance on the display.
    Is there a particular software to fix this, and where might I look for it?

Thank You

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Looks like that the laptop is a bit older?! That could be a problem from a bad connection of the flat data Cable from Keyboard to MB!

If you know how to do, take out the Keyboard, use a soft pencil rubber and soft-clean the connectors on that flat cable. Do not use alcohol etc to clean!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

Thank you pisthai, I already thought it will probably not be something as simple as a driver. I will try the cleaning, once I gt back home from Europe.
    And I never use alcohol, when I try to fix a computer ;)

4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Isopropyl alcohol provided it isn't the diluted stuff you find often in the store works just fine to clean computer parts (you want 99% - 100% alcohol, but I think you could get with 98%, but I would not go any lower). The only time you want to avoid alcohol is if you're dealing with rubber.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I use Medical Alcohol 99.5% for the purpose of cleaning something if really needed! That's just not so easy to find and most of the people didn't even know about the differences between a different kind of freely available Alcohol!

On the flat Data Cable, I never would use any liquid cleaning solvent! They're very easy to get damaged, and if done so, in many cases it's even impossible to replace them with new ones (if they could be found at all)! The only 'Tool' I would use on such cable is just very soft Pencil Rubbers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It also could be that the Keyboard's Key Contacts and/or that Contact Matt isn't in real workable stage anymore. And Laptop Keyboards are much more sensitive than normal Desktop Keyboards.

If nothing helps, go to any Repair Shop which is doing Services for Fujitsu and lat check them with a different Keyboard. If that will work, just buy a new one. In Thailand a new Laptop Keyboard cost about US$ 13-15 (10-12 Euro).

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

Thanks I did not know they wear over time. I use a laptop only on travels, and I had to get this "new" one, because my 15 year old HP died after being upgraded once too often. Adding a new chip was like heart transplant and too much for it... but its keyboard never showed any delay...
    When I get back home next months, I will take a VERY careful look at the keyboard