keyboard issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dragonfire665, Mar 17, 2009.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    ok guys here is something weird for some reason my keyboard is type a crazy amount of letters and numbers that were not ask for

whenever i use space it types a 5 or and when i use a h it adds a period for after and when i use the g it adds a / in from i use system restore and it still does it and so did i do a driver reinstallation

it5 difficult 5typin/g 5t.his5 w.hen5 my 5kjeyboard 5is 5actin/g 5up

OK that was an example so you guys can see what i mean

and i use my backup too

any suggestions

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    hey guys here is what i figured out, somethin is wron with my keyboard. the keys are exchange, the g is the /, the h is the period, the space is a 5 plus a space, the k adds a j, now here is the thin this started to happened after my friend spilled some soda and i mean like 2 drops on my number pads of my keyboard meanin on the rightside part no where near the actual keys so how can i fix that

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #3 HMonk, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I had a friend spill beer on my keyboard one time, that thing was done. I tried cleaning it out, but no luck. It would be fine and type fine for a minute then sometimes it would just stop and then start typing again with no warning.

5. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    ok let me rephrase the soda spill. Ok it was literally like a drop, is like picking up one of those test tubes and a drop falling on it, then it felt right on the right bottom corner of my keyboard right below my number pad, so no where near the keys themselve. i have a Logitech LX710 if you guys could check on the right side of the keyboard it has the music buttoms, thats where it felt right below the last buttom and it was easily clean with a dry clothes, which again is weird how right after that it started to work like this.

As i said i using my old wireless Logitech Keyboard and is doin just great. But this one is acting up and i did all that was possible, the keys are just either change automatically or they add extra keys to my inputs

6. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Oh . . . .

Details, details, it's all in the details. :rolleyes:

I should think that if you uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, then IF the KB is not physically damaged, all should be well - IF IT IS CLEAN. :D

Secondly, if the KB connects via a USB port, then I would consider reinstalling the USB drivers, make sure the connector is not damaged/loose.

Could it be the OS? It's Windows: anything is possible. Perhaps running System File Checker (START>RUN> type: sfc /scannow>OK is one way of making sure the system files are not corrupted. Could also try System Restore to a point before the issue appeared.

All of the above are diagnostic steps attempting to rule out what is/is not.

Nevertheless, since the issue appeared immediately after the spill - be it drops or quarts - it is reasonable to suspect the spill. Is it possible to short out the board by your wiping action if you depressed several keys at once? At this point, I think anything is possible but I have never encountered such an occurrence and I think I will stop short of testing my theory. :cool:

Monk