Keyboard layout set properly, only one key missing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RonAshman, Apr 13, 2013.

1. RonAshman

RonAshman MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    Hi,

I have the following issue with someone else's computer.
    There's a USB keyboard with Spanish 101 distribution, as shown here: upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/KB_Spanish.svg/420px-KB_Spanish.svg.png

The layout is properly set. ABSOLUTELY everything works the way it should, but the "@" combination. This should be Alt Gr + 2, but it returns nothing. To get the @sign Alt+64 must be typed.

I should mention that
    1) it used to work before
    2) the same keyboard connected to other computer with same set layout (i.e. my pc) works fine, even in my smart tv

So everything works ok but the "@". The key "Alt Gr" is not broken, as it works with other combinations.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RonAshman

RonAshman MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    thanks a lot! that did it :)

5. RonAshman

RonAshman MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    Where people don't speak English as their native language there are other keyboard layouts besides the most known one. These layouts have combinations that are different from the well known "United States (English)" layout. In this case, for example, there's a Spanish variation which offers the "@" sign with Alt Gr + 2.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's just true! It's true also that many native English speakers are have problem to accept that non-native's maybe would/have/need to work a bit different, so that the Keyboard shortcuts are not the same!

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    It's AltGr+Q on mine. There are many different layouts. Basically, with a non-US keyboard you cannot trust some keys' descriptions anymore if you boot into naked DOS (or anything else with default US layout).