Keys question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by baskinghobo, Aug 7, 2009.

1. baskinghobo

baskinghobo MDL Junior Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I heard Bios Mod was the best way so i did because i heard it was unlikely for microsoft to blacklist a key. Now i hear microsoft is about to blacklist the lenovo keys. Which one of the keys are unlikely to be blacklisted?

2. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #2 HotCarl, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    The Lenovo key will work fine to activate Windows 7 offline, just run Windows Update at your own risk... If I were you, I would just wait for a new OEM SLP key (another OEM key like the Lenovo one, but different) to get leaked, then use that key to activate Windows 7. I guess you could install now with the Lenovo key though, then change the key when a new one comes out.
    The Lenovo key was just leaked too early, before Lenovo could actually sell any PCs with that key installed...as a result, MS will disable it sometime down the road. It still works at the moment, but I would be weary of using it to go on Windows Update... Wait until OEMs start actually selling systems with Windows 7 pre-installed on them...an OEM SLP key will come...

3. baskinghobo

baskinghobo MDL Junior Member

Dec 11, 2008
    The technet keys have been leaked recently but i heard they are going most likely will get blacklisted too. How can i be sure it won't happen to the keys your talking about?

4. Collo

Collo MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    The only way to make sure a key won't be blacklisted is when you get a key which is already on paying customer's Windows 7 PCs.