KMS keys without "server KMS" !?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by X64_Bit, Aug 7, 2009.

1. X64_Bit

X64_Bit MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Hello everyone,

If you install one (true) key "KMS" without having a server, is this a valid key or it will "break" in a while?

I did a "print screen" of my activation I have ... but I have no "KMS Server"

Can you give me your expert opinion :rolleyes:

Thank you for your answer :)

Attached Files:

• KMS.jpg
      KMS.jpg
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    #2 ailef, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    anyone is able to see something on this screenshot ?
    it's so little that i cannot see a thing.
    i tried to zoom but it's horrible, i guess i see it's activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JavoSpam

JavoSpam MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    The image is too small, i can't see well...

4. computerwis

computerwis MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    I can see it, it says it is licensed. Weird not using a server.

5. computerwis

computerwis MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    You have a quite good and powerful computer.

6. X64_Bit

Aug 2, 2009
  7. 0ldBear

0ldBear MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    On vista, the KMS keys needed to re-verify to the server periodically in order to stay active.

cheers

8. X64_Bit

Aug 2, 2009
    Humm ... but if there ever server ... which the key will be invalidated?

9. manojmat

manojmat MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Actually, yours is a KMS server installation! Not a KMS client requiring activation.

10. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    this is the way KMS works:

If you enter a key then Windows activates like normal. No calling home to reactivate. This is how I activated my servers at work.

If you do NOT enter a key and enter in a KMS Server then you need to call home to that server every 120 days or something like that. You also need the required host count too.

11. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    so if it's like vista, your machine will become unactivated in 180 days if it cannot connect to the server to verify your license,
    i thought it would try to connect on first activation but it seems it will do that in 180 days.

12. X64_Bit

Aug 2, 2009
    So I am a server :D ... therefore I have no other PC at home ... I'm quiet? ... while waiting for a MAK key

13. HolyRoses

HolyRoses MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    What does that mean from an end user perspective? Can his machine act a s key server and authenticate other win7 clients? If so how does that work?

14. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    no, his machine is a client machine, it cannot activate others, it needs to connect to a server to check the license and the machine to stay activated after 180 days.

15. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Wrong, if it was installed by a KMS key, and he opens the KMS port (TCP:1688) on his router to point to this machine, and tells us his IP address, he would be doing a great service.