LAN/Ethernet driver for HP DV6500

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by freemyggle, May 1, 2011.

1. freemyggle

freemyggle MDL Junior Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate some months ago and now I find myself in a situation where I can only get access via an ethernet wire, however I am not able to locate the correct driver for this laptop. I believe because this laptop was only released with Vista, but I could be wrong. This is an HP Pavilion DV6500, model# dv6625us. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

2. hasenfrasen

hasenfrasen MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2009
    Use the Vista drivers @ h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2100&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3548371

Yours comes with either a Broadcom or Intel ProSet WLAN adapter. You have to try which one you have.

3. freemyggle

freemyggle MDL Junior Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I tried the Vista version but it failed. Also I have upgraded my NIC from the abg broadcom to an intel 4965 abgn, but that's wireless and shouldn't have anything to do with wired. My wireless works fine, but the LAN wont connect.

4. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Hi again. Just curious, did you get your motherboard swapped out successfully?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...