Language Display Problem on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wyfshum, Jul 7, 2010.

1. wyfshum

wyfshum MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2010
    I use English as my interface language for Windows 7. I also use programs that are in Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese, and the problem is when I set the system locale to Traditional Chinese, some Simplified Chinese program will not display properly. In the other way around, if I set the system locale to Simplified Chinese, some Traditional Chinese program will not display properly. Is it impossible to display Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese program together without giving up the English interface?:confused:

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Ni hao:p..

Shoudnt be any problems at all.. Logged out or rebooted the computer ?

3. wyfshum

wyfshum MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2010
    Log out and reboot won't help ><

4. wyfshum

wyfshum MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2010
    It is different :(

The differences between Traditional and Simplified Chinese is the word is the same but is written differently. Traditional Chinese is the original form and Simplified is a short form.

5. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I need to do some research, I thought it was that simple :confused:
    Anyone else got intel on how to achieve what wyfshum needs? Please enlighten us!

Ah I see, thanks for the explanation.

;)

6. RogerI

RogerI MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2009
    A colleague of my face the same problem.
    Lastly, she install the Traditional Chinese LIP (language Interface Pack). By so doing, all system interface, i.e. menu, help lines are display in Traditional Chinese. At the time, Simplified Chinese also display properly.
    What have not been tried, is to switch back to English Interface, will Chinese character be display properly?