Language pack question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dbdb, Apr 24, 2010.

1. dbdb

dbdb MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Hi people,
    First time i have installed 7 pro x86, usually i install ultimate, but on the odl lappy
    of my Mom, I preferred a lighter version without knowing that i could not put the language pack after .... .
    some genius who attends MDL has discovered a way to install anyway lp.cab

in case this is not feasible, I open a poll

Accordingly I have assembled a new high-end desktop and laptop for her would be a reserve, which I completely disassembled to change the thermal paste, and spent hours to make digesting all xp drivers. What do I do?

I lose hours / days to find 7 pro ITA x86 , and install drivers and software from the beginning

I try to convince my Old Italian MAMMA, who is an excellent opportunity to learn English, (risking my life)

responses to the poll most appreciated, include links ......: P

2. asabater

asabater MDL Member

Sep 6, 2008
    upgrade online, profesional to ultimate via anytime (10 minutes with ultimate oem slp key) & install italian lp from windows update (10 minutes plus),,,,,

saludos from spain

3. berdinatilli

berdinatilli MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    did anyone try to install the offline language packs on other win7 editions ?

if yes, it works ?

then search in google for direct download links of kb972813

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dbdb

dbdb MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    #4 dbdb, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
    (OP)
    the anytime option is interesting,but the choice of the pro version is due to a strong hardware limitation (p4 512ram 60GB HDD) so no need ultimate surplus.

i already have the ITA lp pack, but there's not the install option on keyboard and language tab on region and language.

my goal is how to properly install manually lp.cab and then know all the changes to the registry, should theoretically be possible I think.
    I find much more interesting and more useful to succeed in this, rather than formatting or upgrading.
    I lack the knowledge to do it alone

I think I should save the registry with the LP 0409 install 0410 then compare them to locate the keys changed then modify it.
    Would be to understand the differences between Ultimate and Pro, and what key should be created instead. I do not know if it is right, and how to do this. For the PDA there's a free little program to manage registry from PC, RegCE, but the differences between two records are impressive if only for WM 6.5 for 7 I'm afraid to think of
    To install the cab I have no idea

5. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dbdb

dbdb MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    #6 dbdb, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
    (OP)
    solved

EDIT
    Vistalizator solved perfectly, full ita lang now, boot too.No problem whit loader. great program

thank you very much
    I love this community :)

opss....I spoke too soon the only lp.cab ita I found is contained within an exe, it extracts but then magically disappears, and winrar can not extract it .... some cmd to permanently extract it?, or maybe a link to the ISO , google refer all to MDL, but can not find it here